Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Does Tomlin Hire Assistants Like A Coach Afraid For His Job?

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,875
    Tomlin is hiring all these guys because he knows we always hire HC's outside the org.

  2. #22
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Whether his job is set in stone or not, it does not appear that Tomlin is hiring coaches with any concern for his job security in mind...that was the point of my OP...he has three former HCs on his staff...
    I would tend to agree with that..

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Tomlin is hiring all these guys because he knows we always hire HC's outside the org.
    I'm sure with the established pattern of three coaches in 30+ years, it would be safe to make that assumption...

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,950
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    So, of course, you can refute the assertions since you say this. So, go right ahead and do just that.
    What do you want him to refute? You simply gave your opinion (with no real evidence) and only some shaky logic to stand on.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

  5. #25
    Porter kind of surprises me in that one of tomlins first moves as HC was cutting him lol.

    3 former HCs as assistants is a good thing, a lot of great experience and knowledge there.

  6. #26
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    What do you want him to refute? You simply gave your opinion (with no real evidence) and only some shaky logic to stand on.
    Then it should be excessively easy to shoot down. It is beyond obvious what is going down. With each passing, disappointing season, Tomlin losses more and more power. He is not deciding on these assistant coach hires. The funniest thing ever was when when LeBoo said he would be back if Tomlin wanted him, as if it is Tomlin who decides if LeBoo comes or goes. What a riot of a joke.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Then it should be excessively easy to shoot down. It is beyond obvious what is going down. With each passing, disappointing season, Tomlin losses more and more power. He is not deciding on these assistant coach hires. The funniest thing ever was when when LeBoo said he would be back if Tomlin wanted him, as if it is Tomlin who decides if LeBoo comes or goes. What a riot of a joke.
    You definitely seem like someone in possession of all the knowledge of the internal workings of the steelers

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    It is beyond obvious what is going down. With each passing, disappointing season, Tomlin losses more and more power. He is not deciding on these assistant coach hires.
    Interesting. How did you come to that conclusion?

  9. #29
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Tomlin is hiring all these guys because he knows we always hire HC's outside the org.
    Not only that, but he realizes we have had 3 head coaches since 1970 and the Rooneys brag about it like it's the best badge of honor of all time. Unless he just losses it completely, he is totally safe, as long as he goes along with the Rooneys deciding on things like assistant coaches. Who here is ignorant enough to think Tomlin made the call on Arians going, Haley coming in, and all the coach moves made this year. I doubt they even asked MT his opinion on those moves. He just has to accept them, or pull a Chuck Noll, who retired over it.

  10. #30
    Or, none of that happened...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •