Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The trade Colbert needs to make

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The trade Colbert needs to make

Steelers 1st and second for 49ers 1/29, 2/24,2/29, 3/29. SF is a player or 2 from the SB. Particularly WR. If Mike Evans is at 15, S.F. would be an ideal trade partner. The Steelers would gain valuable picks in a deep draft to build back depth.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Steelers 1st and second for 49ers 1/29, 2/24,2/29, 3/29. SF is a player or 2 from the SB. Particularly WR. If Mike Evans is at 15, S.F. would be an ideal trade partner. The Steelers would gain valuable picks in a deep draft to build back depth.
    They also have needs in the secondary and would that be more pressing than WR since Boldin is close to signing? The end of the 1st is a good spot to grab one of the top corners or safeties. I wouldn't hate the trade and it would give a good yield of top prospects, but its tough for me to walk away from 15. Tough call.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    They also have needs in the secondary and would that be more pressing than WR since Boldin is close to signing? The end of the 1st is a good spot to grab one of the top corners or safeties. I wouldn't hate the trade and it would give a good yield of top prospects, but its tough for me to walk away from 15. Tough call.
    Boldin's best work comes from the slot these days where his superior route running can make for mismatches. As far as the DB's they could get Dennard at 15 and take a guy like Benjamin with the mid second rounder from us.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like it. 2 2nd's and 2 3rds with comp pick would be very nice to have to reload this team. But if doing a trade like that better have a A+ draft. Could you do a mock with those picks? I would love to see what you are thinking for the picks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

they would never do that if evans was there, they are going to covet him on draft day.

I hate trading down, not that they couldnt have a decent lot of players but the team seriously lacks star power.

With the way the team never really misses on 1st rounders and is about 50-50 on second rounders i dont understand the reasoning for trading out of the first, especially with such a good draft class

Administrator

User Info Menu

I do not understand for the life of me why people (including the media) think the 49ers lack weapons.

Gore/Lattimore?
    Vernon Davis?
    Boldin?
    Crabtree?

Lack weapons??? huh?!?!?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't love this trade SKL. Aside from the fact that I don't see the team doing it, I think that the risk of moving from 15 to 29 is too high. You might still be able to target a certain player and hope he is there at 29, but I believe that the Steelers are that specific, with low tolerance to risking losing their guy. I believe that if their guy is someone (say Hageman), they would not figure that "We can drop back to 29 and he could/should still be there, and if not then one of Tuitt, Donald will almost certainly be there". Instead, I believe that they would target one and decide that they can't go past a certain spot or else they risk losing their man.

Legend

User Info Menu

A more straightforward trade would be for SF to give up their original 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for our original 1st round pick. This would give us a late first, mid second, late second, and two late third rounders (including the anticipated Wallace comp pick). The Niners would have the mid first rounder they got from us (#15), the mid second round they got from the Chiefs (#56), and the mid third rounder they got from the Titans (#77).

1.15 = 1050 pts.

1.30 = 620 pts.
    2.61 = 292 pts.
    3.94 = 124 pts.
    Total = 1036 pts.

We could then do something like this with our 5 picks on day 1 & 2 of the draft:

1.30 DE Stephen Tuitt, Notre Dame
    2.46 CB Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
    2.61 TE Troy Niklas, Notre Dame
    3.94 S Deone Bucannon, Washington State
    3.97c ILB Chris Borland, Wisconsin

Addresses our run D, addresses our pass D, and gives Ben another big target.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    1.30 DE Stephen Tuitt, Notre Dame
    2.46 CB Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
    2.61 TE Troy Niklas, Notre Dame
    3.94 S Deone Bucannon, Washington State
    3.97c ILB Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    i like it less with those players! LOL
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I like it. 2 2nd's and 2 3rds with comp pick would be very nice to have to reload this team. But if doing a trade like that better have a A+ draft. Could you do a mock with those picks? I would love to see what you are thinking for the picks.

1/29- Louis Nix-NT-Notre Dame
    2/56- Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    2/61-Deonne-Buchannon-S-Wash St
    3/93-Pierre Desir-CB-Lindenwood
    4/111-Christian Jones-ILB-FSY
    4/comp-Charles Simms_RB-WVU
    5) Prince Shembo-OLB-ND
    6) Aaron Colvin-CB-OU
    7) Ben Gardner-DE-Stanford