Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    split end.... (smacks other hand)
    c,mon guys. i loft you a softball and it takes this long to hit it.....lol
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Kerry Rhodes: I wasn't 'blacklisted'

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10477666/kerry-rhodes-believe-was-blacklisted

Veteran safety [URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8537/kerry-rhodes"]Kerry Rhodes[/URL] hopes to play in the NFL if he can find the right opportunity, and doesn't believe rumors about his sexuality -- which he has always maintained were not true -- derailed his opportunity to play in the NFL last season.
    "I don't think I was blacklisted," Rhodes said during a phone interview Tuesday. "Especially with the NFL I don't think they would do that ... to me it was a product of me wanting to do other things and not finding the right opportunity."
    As the NFL is about to welcome the first openly gay player in [URL="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/33852/michael-sam"]Michael Sam[/URL], who will enter the NFL draft this season, many assume Rhodes had not been offered a job after a former associate told a number of websites that Rhodes was gay. Some speculated that Rhodes wouldn't feel comfortable coming out, but Rhodes said that has never been the case.

"I emphatically said no once and that's all I need to say and people who know me know that's definitely not the case," Rhodes said. "To me I'm definitely not and I can't control what people think, so I move on."

The [URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ari/arizona-cardinals"]Arizona Cardinals[/URL] offered Rhodes a contract at the end of the 2012 season, when Rhodes was named the No. 4 safety in the league by Pro Football Focus. He turned that offer down, and poured his energy into a production company, acting in a comedy series "Good Cop, Bike Cop" and rolling out some children's fitness initiatives with his foundation.
    Rhodes thinks money, more than rumors, might have hampered his signing with a team, since he wasn't going to take a deal that he wasn't comfortable with.

the guy holding him outed him online...

not blacklisted but maybe black balled

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    not blacklisted but maybe black balled
    Dammit.. that is funny.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    c,mon guys. i loft you a softball and it takes this long to hit it.....lol
    immediately thought it when i read it, days ago... didn't wanna be the one... eventually, i just had to be the one... LOL
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    immediately thought it when i read it, days ago... didn't wanna be the one... eventually, i just had to be the one... LOL
    my immediate thought too, but those cracks seem better suited when applied to guys that aren't really gay. Unless they're prison gay, like when aaron hernandez goes into prison a TE and comes out a WR...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    my immediate thought too, but those cracks seem better suited when applied to guys that aren't really gay. Unless they're prison gay, like when aaron hernandez goes into prison a TE and comes out a WR...

just sayin.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

kid is on top of his game

Legend

User Info Menu

They just announced on the NFL network that the Michael Sams "Press Conference" is scheduled for 12 noon. Can't wait! lol

the circus continues...

Backup

User Info Menu

Sam,... decent collegiate player/likely below average pro player using his personal sexual preference to win over his demographic and by definition give him undeserved attention.

Steeler,.....never. But then again,...with Tomlin as Head Coach,...ya never know. lol