Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers Would Be Good Home For Michael Sam

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Hell no... I believe him.

I think the timing of his announcement is a calculated business decision. He's set for life and he hasn't played one down in the NFL.
    Set for life? Let's not go quite that far just yet. But I agree the decision to come out now was a calculated decision to potentially get him drafted earlier and in position to make more $. But that doesn't mean the plan will succeed. He could get drafted, be too much a tweener, and make a few speeches here and there for a few bucks, but he isn't necessarily set for life. He might end up selling insurance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I really don't care. But a large % of people in Pgh feel he is definitely gay. If you don't know this, you haven't spoke to anyone in da Burgh in a long time. His own teammates say it was really weird to go over his place; he'd make everyone take off their shoes and want to talk about his new curtains, etc.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post

I really don't care. But a large % of people in Pgh feel he is definitely gay. If you don't know this, you haven't spoke to anyone in da Burgh in a long time. His own teammates say it was really weird to go over his place; he'd make everyone take off their shoes and want to talk about his new curtains, etc.
    For a long time, a large portion of the U.S. population thought the Affordable Care Act had been repealed...

Just because some people believe it, that doesn't actually make it the truth...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    At 6'2 / 255 he's too short and small to be an NFL DE. He would best work as a 3-4 OLB. The issue is it's been widely reported that he struggled mightily at that position, with his hand off the ground, during Senior Bowl practices. It was not something that appeared to be a natural fit.

NFLDraftscout.com has him as the 110th overall prospect. 4th round. The question becomes - should the Steelers take a guy in the 4th who is guaranteed to be changing positions and has so far shown to be not adjusting well to the switch. Is it worth it to take a guy who almost certainly adds nothing but special teams play for the first season or two?

If coaches Butler and Porter see something in the kid and think they can accelerate the transition, then maybe he is worth a 4th or 5th round pick. If not, then everything else is a moot point.
    Good post!

This is all I have been saying...evaluate him on the basis of how he plays football...the end...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    For a long time, a large portion of the U.S. population thought the Affordable Care Act had been repealed...

Just because some people believe it, that doesn't actually make it the truth...
    I don't disagree at all. But the fact is, about half the people of Pgh - and Western PA in general - do believe KS is gay. So, to act as if that is a crazy notion, well. half the people don't think it is crazy at all. I mean, there are such things as effeminate heterosexual men, but usually, if one "saunters" and has the body language of KS, they are typically gay. Not always, but usually. And his x-wife says he never wanted to touch her. <shrugs shoulders> Again, don't really care one way or the other.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't disagree at all. But the fact is, about half the people of Pgh - and Western PA in general - do believe KS is gay. So, to act as if that is a crazy notion, well. half the people don't think it is crazy at all. I mean, there are such things as effeminate heterosexual men, but usually, if one "saunters" and has the body language of KS, they are typically gay. Not always, but usually. And his x-wife says he never wanted to touch her. <shrugs shoulders> Again, don't really care one way or the other.
    Never said it was a crazy notion...just an inaccurate one...

Also, way to stereotype...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Never said it was a crazy notion...just an inaccurate one...

Also, way to stereotype...
    How do you know it's inaccurate? Huh? That is just as unjustified - or more so - than saying he is gay. Did you bang some chicks with him? So how do you know? You don't, at all - not even in the slightest. Oh, and in case you missed it or have problem with reading and comprehension, I went out of my way to say not everyone with his characteristics are gay. I guess you missed that part....for some odd reason.

Rookie

User Info Menu

How do you know it's inaccurate? Huh? That is just as unjustified - or more so - than saying he is gay. Did you bang some chicks with him? So how do you know? You don't, at all - not even in the slightest. Oh, and in case you missed it or have problem with reading and comprehension, I went out of my way to say not everyone with his characteristics are gay. I guess you missed that part....for some odd reason.
    Not quite as unjustified...considering that he recently stated this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kordell Stewart
    No! I promise you on my life and everything that I'm a part of including my son, and on my father who's no longer here, that that has never happened, nor will anything ever come up, EVER, come up with no dude. About me and nothing… People can say what they want to say.
    So, perhaps my stance isn't unjustified at all...

My choices are:

1) Believe Kordell

or

2) Believe your rumors and his estranged wife (in the aftermath of an ugly divorce)

But, you can say what you want to say...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lol i cannot take this post seriously at all

Legend

User Info Menu

Set for life? Let's not go quite that far just yet. But I agree the decision to come out now was a calculated decision to potentially get him drafted earlier and in position to make more $. But that doesn't mean the plan will succeed. He could get drafted, be too much a tweener, and make a few speeches here and there for a few bucks, but he isn't necessarily set for life. He might end up selling insurance.
    yes... he will have books deals, speaking engagements, etc.

"His true marketing potential isn't to gay people," Witeck said. "His true marketing potential will be reached by selling to consumers who appreciate him because of his individuality. These companies are looking to build new stories and Michael stands out."
    Set for life without being drafted yet.