Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cap Casualties as Potential FA Targets

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol cancer? He has never done anything to be a team cancer
    I think some view him beefing with opponents as being a cancer...lol.

Pro Bowler
    Porter made finnegan look mild, and porter was one of the best team players.

Finnegan gets a lot of attention because hes small and like that. Is steve smith a cancer too?

That being said, his best days are behind him...he was benched last season if i remember correctly

Finnegan gets a lot of attention because hes small and like that. Is steve smith a cancer too?

That being said, his best days are behind him...he was benched last season if i remember correctly
    Steve Smith is a guy that I've always enjoyed watching, and the type of player that I think would be a fan favorite if he was on the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I like Finnegan he brings attitude to playing defense and the Steeler defense needs someone that is just plain mean and nasty, I would prefer that it be a linebacker, but that guy doesn't exist on the roster, so, sign Finnegan for his nasty demeanor if nothing else and see if it catches on with the other guys.

The defense needs a Lambert, Lloyd, Gildon, Porter, Blount, or Harrison type personality, James left for Cincy and the defense has lost its identity IMO, Jones is doing happy face Subway commercials, Timmons just goes out and gets the job done, Williams was a rookie, Worilds didn't show up until the last half of the season, and Woodley, well, he's been disappointing the past couple years, there's no mean and nasty attitude on this team right now.

Pappy
    I agree big time. This is another reason why I like Trent Murphy from Stanford. I think he has some attitude...Team needs some attitude....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

I think that Smith and Porter grew with their teams, and their combative styles were part of the parcel.

Finnegan would come in from the outside, already with that rep.

lol cancer? He has never done anything to be a team cancer
    LOL, you obviously don't watch football...

Banned
    Aside from Carriker there would be a lot of money in all of them
    And with our cap, we can no way afford any of these guys, plus it's not the Steeler way to pursue big name/$ guys even if we had the cap space, which we do not.