Thread: compensatory draft pick update

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

compensatory draft pick update

Looking the same with a twist. [URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/02/compensatory-draft-pick-prognosticator-predicts-three-for-steelers-this-offseason/[/URL] [URL]http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/red_zone/2014-NFL-compensatory-pick-projections.html[/URL] Interesting about Mundy also what about Mendenhall? I also wonder how players getting hurt early like Larod?

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that Gradkowski cancels out the Mendenhall signing. Not sure how LSH factors in to the formula. Willie Gay and Matt Spaeth were both released by their previous teams, so neither one of them will factor into the formula.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How come nobody mentions legursky? He started 11 games. His contract was 2 yrs at 2 million
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    How come nobody mentions legursky? He started 11 games. His contract was 2 yrs at 2 million
    He signed after June 1, and I believe that players that sign after that date do not factor into the formula.

This guy has a great blog post that explains a lot of the factors:

[url]http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/2010/03/projecting-2010-compensatory-nfl-draft.html[/url]

Unfortunately, it seems that he no longer updates his blog.
    Last edited by phillyesq; 02-09-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

It will be disappointing to only receive a 5th for Lewis. He's a starter and signed a pretty nice contract with the Saints. I would think he's a 4th round comp, but none of the professionals are seeing it that way. Every team would give up a 5th round pick for a cornerback of Lewis' caliber, but not every team would give up a 4th or even a 3rd. I think a 5th is too low for Lewis.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I figured we'd get a 3rd for Wallace, a 5th for Lewis, and a 7th for Mendenhall (which would then likely be stripped by Goodell as B.S. punishment for the Tomlin sideline incident which ultimately affected nothing at all), leaving us with the 3rd and a 5th as predicted above.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I figured we'd get a 3rd for Wallace, a 5th for Lewis, and a 7th for Mendenhall (which would then likely be stripped by Goodell as B.S. punishment for the Tomlin sideline incident which ultimately affected nothing at all), leaving us with the 3rd and a 5th as predicted above.
    I really find it hard to believe the Steelers will get any further punishment for that.

I'm just glad we can recover our 3rd, if that is the comp for Wallace.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska