Thread: Ben Works With Moye And Wheaton In SoCal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    how many teams who value WR have been to a SB the last 10 or so years? seems like most teams who pay big bucks to WR end up being average or below average.

I think the Steelers have shown they can get great value from mid rounders or let WR's walk if they are 1st rounders who want crazy paydays.
    denver
    balt/SF
    NYG,pats
    GB
    indy, N.O.
    Pats
    cards

more then half i would say

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    denver
    balt/SF
    NYG,pats
    GB
    indy, N.O.
    Pats
    cards

more then half i would say
    Not sure about these teams..

Denver
    Balt
    SF
    Pats

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure about these teams..

Denver
    Balt
    SF
    Pats
    denver - DT, decker already on roster...go out and sign welder
    balt- traded for boldin and had a WR on the roster drafted higher then any of our guys
    Pats - the year moss was there
    SF - crabtree # 10 pick overall. took another in the late 1st (traded him for KC 1st rder the same year they came out). trade for boldin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    denver - DT, decker already on roster...go out and sign welder
    balt- traded for boldin and had a WR on the roster drafted higher then any of our guys
    Pats - the year moss was there
    SF - crabtree # 10 pick overall. took another in the late 1st (traded him for KC 1st rder the same year they came out). trade for boldin
    Hmm... I can see Boldin going to Baltimore for a few picks but Welker signing for 2 years isnt big money and the Pats beat Moss down to 2.5 mill and a 500K signing bonus.

Crabtree held out for a year and Boldin was acquired for a 6th rounder from his brother.

I don't view these teams as valuing WR though. Especially the Pats, SF and even Baltimore. I don't think they had anyone making #1 money when they acquired Boldin.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 02-09-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hmm... I can see Boldin going to Baltimore for a few picks but Welker signing for 2 years isnt big money and the Pats beat Moss down to 2.5 mill and a 500K signing bonus.

Crabtree held out for a year and Boldin was acquired for a 6th rounder from his brother.

I don't view these teams as valuing WR though. Especially the Pats, SF and even Baltimore. I don't think they had anyone making #1 money when they acquired Boldin.
    i dont just consider money, i consider picks (high picks) on valuing the position. SF signed boldin, he was was making good money (the reason the rats released him) and had 10th overall pick in crab and another 1st rounder on the roster. along nwith ba #7 overall TE who's a mismatch nightmare in the passing game