Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Works With Moye And Wheaton In SoCal

Legend
    how many teams who value WR have been to a SB the last 10 or so years? seems like most teams who pay big bucks to WR end up being average or below average.

I think the Steelers have shown they can get great value from mid rounders or let WR's walk if they are 1st rounders who want crazy paydays.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 02-07-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    how many teams who value WR have been to a SB the last 10 or so years? seems like most teams who pay big bucks to WR end up being average or below average.

I think the Steelers have shown they can get great value from mid rounders or let WR's walk if they are 1st rounders who want crazy paydays.
    Like I said, the Steelers assign a value to every players and that is the max they will give them. They don't play the auction game.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

The Steelers don't value WRs?

Antonio Brown? Hines Ward?

The Steelers value certain WRs...not ones who prove to be head cases or are one trick ponies...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Steelers don't value WRs?

Antonio Brown? Hines Ward?

The Steelers value certain WRs...not ones who prove to be head cases or are one trick ponies...
    It's about how you produce and they keep the good ones.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    He does have that kind of speed, maybe not as much but close. He has really strong hands, something we never saw from the other two. I like his potential more than anything, but you are right...last year we saw none of that. Ill give him a pass though
    In the few catches he made, I noticed the hands too. Finally, a WR that, once he gets his hands on the ball, won't let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Wheaton's gonna be a future star based solely on what I saw out of him in training camp.

Any word on Justin Brown? I still think he has some potential too.
    I am thinking Brown could prove out well, too. Liked him alot at PSU.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I am thinking Brown could prove out well, too. Liked him alot at PSU.

Yeah. I just wish J. Brown was also with Wheaton and Moye.

Because there will be alot of production that needs to be replaced if we don't re-sign Cotchery and/or Sanders.(preferably Cotchery)

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Unless, the Steelers draft a WR at 1.15 Ben will have to make do with one good receiver, a veteran (hopefully) and a group WRs that didn't get much time last year. Which has been the modus operandi at WR for the entirety of Ben's career, as soon as he gets comfortable with receivers the Steelers seem to place little value on continuity and high value on Ben's ability and they allow WRs to walk.

I often wonder what kind of passing numbers Ben would have if he had a receiving core with some stability.

Pappy

$$

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

denver
    balt/SF
    NYG,pats
    GB
    indy, N.O.
    Pats
    cards

more then half i would say

Pro Bowler
    wr seems to be one of the few positions the steelers dont screw up on when it comes to contracts
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis