Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tackle the catch? Seahawks dominated that way

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't like tackle the catch? Seahawks dominated that way

Peyton set the record for completions while throwing 70 percent.
    And Ovi said they didn't just tackle the catch? What?

Peyton Manning's 34 completions and DeMaryius Thomas' 13 catches in Super Bowl XLVIII both set individual records in the 43-8 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

They did it like nobody EVER has in a SB. We attack the ball more than they did in that game, the picks were errant passes caused by pressure.

Our problem is is we can't catch, and are aging not scheme.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 02-05-2014 at 01:00 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Peyton set the record for completions while throwing 70 percent.
    And Ovi said they didn't just tackle the catch? What?

Peyton Manning's 34 completions and DeMaryius Thomas' 13 catches in Super Bowl XLVIII both set individual records in the 43-8 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

They did it like nobody EVER has in a SB. We attack the ball more than they did in that game, the picks were errant passes caused by pressure.

Our problem is is we can't catch, not scheme.
    But that is attacking only those where they are coming forward. Get a team that can stretch them deep and run the ball half way descent (keep them honest), they wont be tackling that many underneath passes.

I am not taking anything away from Seattle, they did a great job, but when a team is one dimensional on offense it isn't all that hard.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would love to see the YAC that the Donkeys averaged. I would think that it would be historically low. The Seattle D maintained their gaps and made their tackles.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    But that is attacking only those where they are coming forward. Get a team that can stretch them deep and run the ball half way descent (keep them honest), they wont be tackling that many underneath passes.

I am not taking anything away from Seattle, they did a great job, but when a team is one dimensional on offense it isn't all that hard.
    Not sure an Offense that sets all those records is "1 dimensional"
    like ur mock draft though!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

no we dont

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I would love to see the YAC that the Donkeys averaged. I would think that it would be historically low. The Seattle D maintained their gaps and made their tackles.
    The Broncos averaged 6.0 YAC/rec in 2013.

In the Superbowl, they averaged 3.6 YAC/rec.

SEA blitzed on only 12% of plays, lowest the Broncos faced all season.

SEA loaded the box on defense on 30% of the plays, highest the Broncos faced all season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Stats lie.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thats funny i was listening to sirius radio earlier and Gil brandt was talking about how teams are going to start playing more man like Seattle did.
    Talking about how the NFL is a copycat league and so on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Broncos averaged 6.0 YAC/rec in 2013.

In the Superbowl, they averaged 3.6 YAC/rec.

SEA blitzed on only 12% of plays, lowest the Broncos faced all season.

SEA loaded the box on defense on 30% of the plays, highest the Broncos faced all season.
    The Seahawks didn't blitz ebacsue they have a four man defensive line that attacks the QB and puts pressure on him every play. They are attacking, not "occupying blockers." This frees up the LBs to take away the underneath zones on pass plays. Manning had a high percentage because the pressure forced him to dump the ball quickly. And while the Seattle DBs "tackled the catch," they didn't spot the WRs 8-10 yards. They tackled the catch immediated which was clearly shown by the AC because they were on them like clue.

So yes, it is very much scheme.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeeeeeeah......