Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Tackle the catch? Seahawks dominated that way

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Don't like tackle the catch? Seahawks dominated that way

    Peyton set the record for completions while throwing 70 percent.
    And Ovi said they didn't just tackle the catch? What?

    Peyton Manning's 34 completions and DeMaryius Thomas' 13 catches in Super Bowl XLVIII both set individual records in the 43-8 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

    They did it like nobody EVER has in a SB. We attack the ball more than they did in that game, the picks were errant passes caused by pressure.

    Our problem is is we can't catch, and are aging not scheme.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 02-05-2014 at 12:00 AM.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Peyton set the record for completions while throwing 70 percent.
    And Ovi said they didn't just tackle the catch? What?

    Peyton Manning's 34 completions and DeMaryius Thomas' 13 catches in Super Bowl XLVIII both set individual records in the 43-8 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

    They did it like nobody EVER has in a SB. We attack the ball more than they did in that game, the picks were errant passes caused by pressure.

    Our problem is is we can't catch, not scheme.
    But that is attacking only those where they are coming forward. Get a team that can stretch them deep and run the ball half way descent (keep them honest), they wont be tackling that many underneath passes.

    I am not taking anything away from Seattle, they did a great job, but when a team is one dimensional on offense it isn't all that hard.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    But that is attacking only those where they are coming forward. Get a team that can stretch them deep and run the ball half way descent (keep them honest), they wont be tackling that many underneath passes.

    I am not taking anything away from Seattle, they did a great job, but when a team is one dimensional on offense it isn't all that hard.
    Not sure an Offense that sets all those records is "1 dimensional"
    like ur mock draft though!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Not sure an Offense that sets all those records is "1 dimensional"
    like ur mock draft though!
    Broncos had 49 passes and 13 designed rushes in the Super Bowl. That's pretty one dimensional. And during the season the passed 675 times to 429 rushes....and a lot of those runs plays were called after they were up big in many of their games.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,094
    I would love to see the YAC that the Donkeys averaged. I would think that it would be historically low. The Seattle D maintained their gaps and made their tackles.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I would love to see the YAC that the Donkeys averaged. I would think that it would be historically low. The Seattle D maintained their gaps and made their tackles.
    The Broncos averaged 6.0 YAC/rec in 2013.

    In the Superbowl, they averaged 3.6 YAC/rec.

    SEA blitzed on only 12% of plays, lowest the Broncos faced all season.

    SEA loaded the box on defense on 30% of the plays, highest the Broncos faced all season.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,298
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Broncos averaged 6.0 YAC/rec in 2013.

    In the Superbowl, they averaged 3.6 YAC/rec.

    SEA blitzed on only 12% of plays, lowest the Broncos faced all season.

    SEA loaded the box on defense on 30% of the plays, highest the Broncos faced all season.
    The Seahawks didn't blitz ebacsue they have a four man defensive line that attacks the QB and puts pressure on him every play. They are attacking, not "occupying blockers." This frees up the LBs to take away the underneath zones on pass plays. Manning had a high percentage because the pressure forced him to dump the ball quickly. And while the Seattle DBs "tackled the catch," they didn't spot the WRs 8-10 yards. They tackled the catch immediated which was clearly shown by the AC because they were on them like clue.

    So yes, it is very much scheme.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,182
    no we dont

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    no we dont
    I know.... we haven't tackled the catch like that in a loooooong time.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,958
    Stats lie.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •