Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bart Scott on Ben

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Lynch would've ran all over our Rush D.
    Sad but true
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

We were 8- and couldnt beat Miami or San Diego at home but we would throw 5 TDs on Seattle? Have we thrown 4 TDs on any team this year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Have we thrown 4 TDs on any team this year?
    Twice, in a 3 week span (which lead to Ben being named offensive player of the month for November).

In a 55-31 loss in New England on 11-3-13, Ben's stat line was 28-48 for 400 yards, 4 TD's and 2 INT's.

In a 37-27 win vs. Detroit on 11-17-13, Ben's stat line was 29-45 for 367 yards, 4 TD's and 0 INT's.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Gotta agree.
    Flippy, I share you view that Bens skills would fare better than Manning, but please don't think he would shred that defense.
    Save for ONE DRIVE Ben has been nothing special in 3 Superbowls against average to BAD defenses.
    Peyton got picked twice, that is a typical SB for Ben against average players.

Against a great defense? We would get crushed, Ben throws multiple picks against these ball hawks.

Ben could however make more plays than Manning did for the reasons Flippy gives. But he would make plenty of mistakes looking at his history.
    You're thinking of 'old' Roethlisberger, and I agree.

But I would really like to see how the 'new' Roethlisberger does in the big game. The one that is willing to take what a defense gives him but also is looking for the big play on every down. THAT would be tough to defend. Manning is all about pre-snap reads. Roethlisberger isn't.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Save for ONE DRIVE Ben has been nothing special in 3 Superbowls against average to BAD defenses.
    Packers were ranked No.2 Defense,Seattle was 7th ranked. Not sure i will call those Defense average or BAD defense.

Ben plays in AFC North which would have helped him take on Seattle Defense.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We were 8- and couldnt beat Miami or San Diego at home but we would throw 5 TDs on Seattle? Have we thrown 4 TDs on any team this year?
    Haha, you said it. I would dread a matchup with this SEA team in the SB, because they would beat us, and they would have done it "Pittsburgh Steeler" style. They would've mugged us, in a rout.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    It was funny but I heard everyone talking about how anning was so under siege on Sunday - almost as if that is an excuse for his performance. To me, it looked like a typical football game behind the Steelers O-line. I've seen Ben routinely have less time before the rush gets to him than PM faced on Sunday.

Seattle made Peyton look like YA Tittle at the end of his career. No way anybody makes Ben look that way. Like Bart Scott says ....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

Seattle made Peyton look like YA Tittle at the end of his career. No way anybody makes Ben look that way. Like Bart Scott says ....

Ben had 1 great drive in 3 SB's...

I'm not saying Ben would look like Peyton but I doubt he looks like Montana.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    We still have a relatively young franchise QB. We have to get the pieces in place to make one more run with him!
    I really thin k we could make 2 more runs if we find those so called pieces we need..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    I really thin k we could make 2 more runs if we find those so called pieces we need..
    with the right personnel decisions yea.. and, as has been mentioned... we will have to find a few of those pieces via free agency... with immediate impact potential (on the defensive side of the ball). I doubt there will be two runs (before ben is through) if we try to address those needs solely by the draft.