Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Dangle Pouncey as trade bait

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think what he is saying is it will be hard for "you" to see him improving because he was rated so high his rookie year.
    I don't know man.. I think it's pretty easy to evaluate a player's performance if you watch... and understand the game (beyond a fan's perspective).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Decastro has at least had his starting tackles for the majority of the season. I can't remember the last time both of our guards played more than 1/2 the season. Hell Colon didn't make it through a full game and DD didn't make it through camp last year. Our guards have been the worst starting pair of guards for at least the last 3 seasons.
    and those tackles were well below average at best.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    and those tackles were well below average at best.
    But at least they had a chance to gel. AND they improved as the year went on.

Legend

User Info Menu

But at least they had a chance to gel. AND they improved as the year went on.
    improvement is a relative term lol..

I understand your point about "Gelling" though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well with a third string center we gave up a fraction of the amount of sacks by the 2nd half of the season. Sounds like improvement to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well with a third string center we gave up a fraction of the amount of sacks by the 2nd half of the season. Sounds like improvement to me.
    I think you are making the case that Pouncey is expendable.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's not just about sacks though. It's also about the run game. Part of what makes Pouncey special is his ability to get to the next level.

Legend

User Info Menu

Isnt DD the guy who's missed nearly 50% of his career thus far due to injury??

careful labeling pouncy a injury prone cause an injury to DD where he misses a good amount of games will earn him the same label.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Isnt DD the guy who's missed nearly 50% of his career thus far due to injury??

careful labeling pouncy a injury prone cause an injury to DD where he misses a good amount of games will earn him the same label.

This is true. It's smaller sampling though. With DD, we are talking about a singular injury. If we are going to call that "Injury prone"..then 99% of the players on the team should be classified as such.

If DD suffers additional injuries over the next few years, then we can label him injury prone (as Pouncey has been).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Irregardless of the injury prone talk, what would be the Steelers back up plan if Pouncey is indeed traded? Velasco is unsigned and coming off injury. Wallace was good the last few games he played but they better be real confident in him to jettison a solid starter. I think its unrealistic imo.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska