Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangle Pouncey as trade bait

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    what's up DD? LOL...

awesome is a stretch.. but I hope DD isn't awesome at taking out Pouncey next year and we can see what they look like together for a season.
    Pouncey is literally the only jersey i own, I think hes a great player and id hate to see him go...that being said the play was a simple zone stretch, Pouncey's assignment is the mike lber. He needs to be quick off the ball, and get to the 2nd level. He didnt. Decastro does what the play calls for him to do... which is to chop the DT in the 0 gap, left by Pouncey. Maybe decastro should have pulled up, but the difference between decastro as a rookie and decastro this year is he wasnt thinking and he was just executing....its a rough game sometimes

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    So trade the best player on your line who would be on the field EVERY snap the offense took for a 2 down player... seems smart.
    As I recall, Center was the least of our OL worries this season. Yet, we had a non-existent ability to stop the run, and almost no pass rush...mainly because we could no longer control the middle of the line. A difference maker NT makes more sense than a mild/moderate upgrade at a position that wasn't a problem for the Steelers this season.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Decastro is the best on the line...its not really all that close.

I do hope to see Pouncey and Decastro play together though
    I agree with you. DeCastro is able to manhandle DLmen. Pouncey doesn't manhandle anyone. Pouncey is technically sound...he is a solid center. But, DeCastro was very good this year...and should be very special.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sidsmythe View Post
    steelers should put out an email to all league owner's headlined: "damaged goods for trade, accepting all top 5 offers"
    lmao $$$$$$

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Shawn;591900]I agree with you. DeCastro is able to manhandle DLmen. Pouncey doesn't manhandle anyone. Pouncey is technically sound...he is a solid center. But, DeCastro was very good this year...and should be very special.[/QUOTE

Exactly. If I had to choose between Decastro and Pouncey it would be DD 8 days out of 7.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'll reserve my judgement on a player until the year AFTER he tears out his teammates ACL

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll reserve my judgement on a player until the year AFTER he tears out his teammates ACL
    I understand your sentiment... and agree it was FUBAR. I don't think it has any bearing on who is a better player at his respective position though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If the Browns draft Manziel...he will change their franchise for the better. He is the best QB in this draft...and honestly one of the best playmakers I have seen play in many years. The guy is going to light it up.
    Others disagree with you and think his game will not translate well to the NFL. I am neutral on this, just throwing it out there.

Rumours Houston is targeting Bortles....

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree.... I like what I'm seeing out of DD but its not like our RB is running through huge holes behind him. I don't care what that play called for... diving on Pouncey was a WTF moment

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Others disagree with you and think his game will not translate well to the NFL. I am neutral on this, just throwing it out there.

Rumours Houston is targeting Bortles....
    Thats usually what happens when a small QB comes out of college... some say he will, some say he won't, and neither will admit they were wrong a few years later.