Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangle Pouncey as trade bait

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Others disagree with you and think his game will not translate well to the NFL. I am neutral on this, just throwing it out there.

Rumours Houston is targeting Bortles....
    I've been wrong before especially at the QB position...but I haven't seen anything like Manziel. I don't even know who to compare him to...his game is unique. They say his game wont translate because of his size, and lack of elite arm strength. But, anyone with the kind of vision, speed, and unique feel for the game that Manziel has should be special...unless he drinks himself out of the league.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I understand your sentiment... and agree it was FUBAR. I don't think it has any bearing on who is a better player at his respective position though.
    Well then when DD has as many pro bowl and all pro votes, we can start comparing them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I've been wrong before especially at the QB position...but I haven't seen anything like Manziel. I don't even know who to compare him to...his game is unique. They say his game wont translate because of his size, and lack of elite arm strength. But, anyone with the kind of vision, speed, and unique feel for the game that Manziel has should be special...unless he drinks himself out of the league.
    I don't think it'll translate because he's too out of control.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

manziels ball placement and awareness is spectacular....he is so tiny though, its tough to imagine how hes going to translate...drafting him is a ballsy move putting your job on the line but it could pay off big time

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Well then when DD has as many pro bowl and all pro votes, we can start comparing them.
    LOL... Troy made the pro bowl this year as a Safety...but played Linebacker most of the year... needless to say...I don't put a lot of stock in pro bowl votes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    LOL... Troy made the pro bowl this year as a Safety...but played Linebacker most of the year... needless to say...I don't put a lot of stock in pro bowl votes.
    I put less stock in PB votes for Olinemen. Do you really think that anybody actually watches centers closely enough to determine how they stack up against each other? Who can honestly tell me who played better - week in, week out, play in, play out - between Ryan Kalil, Alex Mack, Max Unger (pro bowlers), and Nick Mangold, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Roberto Garza etc. (non pro bowlers)? Did they account for games up against guys like Suh and Ngata? I'm sure that the public never just vote for whoever plays center on their favorite team, or who they have heard of on primetime games. I am sure that every pro bowl voter takes their responsibility quite seriously and go through the all-22 archives to make sure they only vote for the most effective players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    manziels ball placement and awareness is spectacular....he is so tiny though, its tough to imagine how hes going to translate...drafting him is a ballsy move putting your job on the line but it could pay off big time
    LOL... he won't be running the ball like he did in college that's for sure. If he plays smart football and slides and avoid hits he will have a great rookie season. Dude is a beast and a baller and you can't ignore it just because he isn't a prototypical QB. Brees has shown you can be small and play big.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    DD was crowned by a lot of people on this board so it makes sense that some view him as such. Pouncey came out and played at a high level from day 1 and since he didn't have much room to grow vs fall some people see him as expendable.

I'm not one of those people and I doubt our FO views Pouncey as average like some on here do...

Then again.. you have people putting faith in Moyer and saying Sweed had upside so who the hell knows. I think most of the evaluations on here are slanted for personal reasons.
    They may be, but that goes both ways.

Many people don't care for "Free Hernandez" Pouncey, perhaps finding his promotion of a rap album while still in the locker room to be poor timing, to say the least. You seem to favor Pouncey while never having cared for the DD pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    They may be, but that goes both ways.

Many people don't care for "Free Hernandez" Pouncey, perhaps finding his promotion of a rap album while still in the locker room to be poor timing, to say the least. You seem to favor Pouncey while never having cared for the DD pick.
    Free Hernandez and rap promotions weren't smart but they were also off field and didn't effect his play IMO.

My issue is more so with DD fans who want Pouncey gone for being "average and injury prone" after watching DD shred Pouncey's knee.

I favor Pouncey because he has shown more IMO and he didn't injure DD. I'm sorry but I can't sit back and watch people trash Pouncey while praising the guy who ruined his season.

The only issue I have with DD is his hit on Pouncey.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    LOL... he won't be running the ball like he did in college that's for sure. If he plays smart football and slides and avoid hits he will have a great rookie season. Dude is a beast and a baller and you can't ignore it just because he isn't a prototypical QB. Brees has shown you can be small and play big.
    I dont get whats funny or where i said he wouldnt be good