Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangle Pouncey as trade bait

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Wilson is already great.

NCState, Wisconsin, Seattle... most wins by a QB in his first 2 years. SB winner.... WTF?

He isn't a great fantasy QB but he is a great QB and a great leader. He just wins and his attitude and composure are through the roof. A minute after they lost to Atlanta in the playoffs last year the Wilson was asked if he was disappointed with the tough loss, his response:

"I'm just happy and excited...looking forward to getting ready for next year so we can fix a few things and win a SB"

Never said a bad word about NC State throwing him to the curb, never been in trouble, never had any drama...

I'm extremely happy for Wilson. Everyone said he was too small but everywhere he has gone he was won AND occasionally lost with a smile on his face.
    I'm glad you like the guy and all...but it's way too early to call him great. That smothering D won a Super Bowl for him...not him. He is a solid QB, who may someday be a great one. But, he isn't elite at this stage in the game no matter how much you like him and his good attitude.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm glad you like the guy and all...but it's way too early to call him great. That smothering D won a Super Bowl for him...not him. He is a solid QB, who may someday be a great one. But, he isn't elite at this stage in the game no matter how much you like him and his good attitude.
    I don't know whether anyone is calling him "elite" yet but he is as good as Ben was at that stage of his career. I think Ben is now "elite" so why can't Wilson grow into that? He doesn't have the physical presence that Ben does but he has a better head on his shoulders. I'd love to have Wilson sitting on our bench waiting to take over for Ben.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As much as I would love to have Manziel, and especially to keep him away from the Browns...this will not happen.

Now, trading Pouncey for a solid NT or DE...that I would be all over.
    So trade the best player on your line who would be on the field EVERY snap the offense took for a 2 down player... seems smart.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    So trade the best player on your line who would be on the field EVERY snap the offense took for a 2 down player... seems smart.
    Decastro is the best on the line...its not really all that close.

I do hope to see Pouncey and Decastro play together though

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Decastro is the best on the line...its not really all that close.

I do hope to see Pouncey and Decastro play together though
    Really? After one year you're gonna call him the best? Maybe at tearing his team mates ACL's. Some of you people are absolutely bat**** crazy. Pouncey is top 2-3 in the league at his position and arguably the best.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I've never been a huge Pouncey fan because I think he is way overrated. However no way do I see the Steelers trading him because they have no back up plan. Velasco is coming off an injury so can't count on him.

I also think no way he resigns with the Steelers. I can see him heading to Miami to play with his bro
    It wouldn't surprise me if that is the eventual outcome, but I'd hate to keep seeing first rounders leave after their rookie deal expires. The success of this team was built on hitting in the first round and keeping the player for 8-10 years. We've already seen Mendenhall go, and he could easily be followed by Ziggy Hood, who even if he stays, is just a guy.

If Pouncey leaves, I'd like to see a way for the Steelers to franchise and trade him. Even if you get a third round pick, it's better than waiting a year for a comp pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

never said he was elite but I think he is great.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Really? After one year you're gonna call him the best? Maybe at tearing his team mates ACL's. Some of you people are absolutely bat**** crazy. Pouncey is top 2-3 in the league at his position and arguably the best.
    Pouncey is top 10 and that even borderline due to the injuries. Decastro had a break out season last year and played brilliantly. Its amazing, here i thought pouncey was being overrated for so long that he was rated just fine at this point but people like you still calling him top 2 is insane.

Decastro is awesome, pouncey is good. By the end of next season decastro will be a top 3 guard, he played like one for most of last season...just absolutely textbook after the first ravens game

Legend

User Info Menu

DD was crowned by a lot of people on this board so it makes sense that some view him as such. Pouncey came out and played at a high level from day 1 and since he didn't have much room to grow vs fall some people see him as expendable.

I'm not one of those people and I doubt our FO views Pouncey as average like some on here do...

Then again.. you have people putting faith in Moyer and saying Sweed had upside so who the hell knows. I think most of the evaluations on here are slanted for personal reasons.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Pouncey is top 10 and that even borderline due to the injuries. Decastro had a break out season last year and played brilliantly. Its amazing, here i thought pouncey was being overrated for so long that he was rated just fine at this point but people like you still calling him top 2 is insane.

Decastro is awesome, pouncey is good. By the end of next season decastro will be a top 3 guard, he played like one for most of last season...just absolutely textbook after the first ravens game
    what's up DD? LOL...

awesome is a stretch.. but I hope DD isn't awesome at taking out Pouncey next year and we can see what they look like together for a season.