Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangle Pouncey as trade bait

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Fair enough. But, I haven't seen anything like this guy. I think he is the only pick that could change the Browns from a loser to winner.
    Do you believe that the Browns are only a QB away from being a winning franchise?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Do you believe that the Browns are only a QB away from being a winning franchise?
    They are a lot closer than most would be willing to admit. I think they had 6 pro bowlers this year. Put any of the top 10 qbs in the league with the browns, and I'd be willing to bet you will start seeing some winning seasons. They are sitting at something like 24 million UNDER the cap, so they should be able to retain their FA's.. they also have a crap load of picks this year ( 2-1sts, a 2nd, 2-3rds).

With K.Shanahan coming to Cleveland, Matt Shaub may be a possibility (because of their ties while in Houston). Not saying Shaub is the guy. Kirk Cousins is another name that's being thrown around in Cleveland. I'm sure Cleveland wouldn't mind trading away one of those high round picks to get cousins.

Obviously the piece they are missing is a crucial one...and often times the hardest to obtain. Heck, we spent 25 years after bradshaw trying to find his replacement.

I think the browns could be real good IF they find a franchise QB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    They are a lot closer than most would be willing to admit. I think they had 6 pro bowlers this year. Put any of the top 10 qbs in the league with the browns, and I'd be willing to bet you will start seeing some winning seasons. They are sitting at something like 24 million UNDER the cap, so they should be able to retain their FA's.. they also have a crap load of picks this year ( 2-1sts, a 2nd, 2-3rds).

With K.Shanahan coming to Cleveland, Matt Shaub may be a possibility (because of their ties while in Houston). Not saying Shaub is the guy. Kirk Cousins is another name that's being thrown around in Cleveland. I'm sure Cleveland wouldn't mind trading away one of those high round picks to get cousins.

Obviously the piece they are missing is a crucial one...and often times the hardest to obtain. Heck, we spent 25 years after bradshaw trying to find his replacement.

I was thinking about this the other day when talking to a family friend who is a Browns fan. They have been fielding a pretty good Defense it seems the last few years. They have a star in the making with Gordon. If they could solidify their running game and their QB, they could make a pretty dramatic turn around. They seemed to do well for the short time that Hoyer was around. I wonder if they see him as a potential leader?

Legend

User Info Menu

I was thinking about this the other day when talking to a family friend who is a Browns fan. They have been fielding a pretty good Defense it seems the last few years. They have a star in the making with Gordon. If they could solidify their running game and their QB, they could make a pretty dramatic turn around. They seemed to do well for the short time that Hoyer was around. I wonder if they see him as a potential leader?
    I've got a friend who is a Browns fan too..lol. That's where I get my insider info. He told me initially he thought Hoyer was their guy earlier in the season. Now that there's been some shake ups in the coaching staff, he told me he thought they may try to bring someone in (like Shaub, Cousins). I'm sure Hoyer will have a chance to compete for the job though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If the Browns draft Manziel...he will change their franchise for the better. He is the best QB in this draft...and honestly one of the best playmakers I have seen play in many years. The guy is going to light it up.
    Totally disagree with you here. What will cause Manziel to fail in the NFL isn't his skill set. It is what is between his ears. What allows Russell Wilson to play QB in the NFL at only 5 ft 11 and be successful at it outside of his skill set, is his maturity, his intelligence, and his leadership. These things Johnny Manziel lacks. And also he threw up a lot of ducks that 6 ft 5 Mike Evans plucked out of the sky. Can't do that in the NFL.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post

I've been banging that drum for a few years now (saying they are better than their record). What they did with Coach Chud though, is just mind-numbing. It is like they want to purposely take two steps back, for every one step.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes........
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I've been banging that drum for a few years now (saying they are better than their record). What they did with Coach Chud though, is just mind-numbing. It is like they want to purposely take two steps back, for every one step.
    I'm with you on that Shoe...

I kept up with what some of the players were saying right after Chud was fired. Definitely added to the tension between the players and FO. While (player wise) they may be only a QB away from "Righting" the ship...the FO has a long ways to go..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Totally disagree with you here. What will cause Manziel to fail in the NFL isn't his skill set. It is what is between his ears. What allows Russell Wilson to play QB in the NFL at only 5 ft 11 and be successful at it outside of his skill set, is his maturity, his intelligence, and his leadership. These things Johnny Manziel lacks. And also he threw up a lot of ducks that 6 ft 5 Mike Evans plucked out of the sky. Can't do that in the NFL.
    IMO, Manziel has a much higher ceiling than Wilson. While I agree Wilson has the maturity and leadership. Manziel has freakish vision, instincts, and competitive drive. Everyone throws ducks. Manziel does things I don't see anyone doing. If he doesn't coke or drink himself out of the league he will be very special.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Shawn,
    Manziel may have a very high ceiling, but putting him "Much higher" than Wilson may be a stretch. From what I have seen, Wilson can do it all.