Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangle Pouncey as trade bait

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I dont get whats funny or where i said he wouldnt be good
    I thought "he is so tiny though" was funny. He is a QB, he isn't going to be running up the gut like Rainey.

Starter
    What most are forgetting is...Decastro was basically a rookie this year... given that he missed all but the last game or two last year.

I think most would agree that... it is a very worthy discussion...comparing who is better. If Decastro continues to refine and improve his game (technique, strength, experience) etc...then I think he can far exceed Pouncey over the long term.

Just because Pouncey started out at a high level... it is hard for me to believe that he was not capable of getting better since his rookie year.

Hall of Famer
    it's hard to get better when you're considered "The best". Pouncey hasn't had anyone beside him while facing three of the best NT's year in and year out.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    it's hard to get better when you're considered "The best". Pouncey hasn't had anyone beside him while facing three of the best NT's year in and year out.
    So you are saying it would be hard for him to improve his technique, quickness, strength, understanding of the game (blocking schemes/blitzes, etc) because he was a pro bowler his rookie year? I have a hard time buying that any player is a "Finished product" their rookie year, or has no room for improvement.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    So you are saying it would be hard for him to improve his technique, quickness, strength, understanding of the game (blocking schemes/blitzes, etc) because he was a pro bowler his rookie year? I have a hard time buying that any player is a "Finished product" their rookie year, or has no room for improvement.
    I think what he is saying is it will be hard for "you" to see him improving because he was rated so high his rookie year.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think what he is saying is it will be hard for "you" to see him improving because he was rated so high his rookie year.
    exactly. Especially considering that he hasn't a good guard next to him his entire career.

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    exactly. Especially considering that he hasn't a good guard next to him his entire career.
    weak argument

the guards havent had a good tackle next to them either if thats the case.

The unit has been disappointing, I love pouncey but hes got fragile ankles and hasnt been nearly as good as his brother. He has a thin lower body and doesnt anchor well. Id LOVE to see him at LG with either wallace or velasco at C. pouncey and decastro at guard would be sweet sex on turf and it would be less strenuous on his ankles
    Last edited by K Train; 02-07-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

the guards havent had a good tackle next to them either if thats the case.
    ummmm...

this is why our OL has sucked azz for the last 2 or 3 years.

This is probably why we drafted a bunch of OL the last few years.

Hall of Famer
    Decastro has at least had his starting tackles for the majority of the season. I can't remember the last time both of our guards played more than 1/2 the season. Hell Colon didn't make it through a full game and DD didn't make it through camp last year. Our guards have been the worst starting pair of guards for at least the last 3 seasons.

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ummmm...

this is why our OL has sucked azz for the last 2 or 3 years.

This is probably why we drafted a bunch of OL the last few years.
    I mean I get that, but you cant just keep blaming the guy next to the guy underperforming.

Hartwig hasnt played in like 5 years and he probably still leads the league in sacks given up for a center over the last 7 years. Of course pouncey looks like a hero taking over for him. But interior pressure slowed down even more with velasco in there, thats fact.

Weve had some guys come in and play well. Colon wasnt as good as we hoped at guard, but he was a decent RT a few years ago, max had a late career resurgence and played great near the end, kemoeatu was a fat slob but even he put together some decent seasons, and i loved flo the season he was here.

Guys like Chris Scott, Tony Hills, Trai Essex, AQ Shipley, Cameron Stephenson, Darnell Stapleton, Jonathan Scott have all flopped so hard. I hope this current crop of beachem and wallace turns out to be good, and so far so good.

Im going to keep my fingers crossed that pouncey is retained, he and decastro could make up a really special line in a year or 2

Haleys offense has done wonders in helping the oline and not killing ben, hopefully munchak can take that even further
    Last edited by K Train; 02-07-2014 at 04:44 PM.