Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 108

Thread: Dangle Pouncey as trade bait

  1. #91
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    This is true. It's smaller sampling though. With DD, we are talking about a singular injury. If we are going to call that "Injury prone"..then 99% of the players on the team should be classified as such.

    If DD suffers additional injuries over the next few years, then we can label him injury prone (as Pouncey has been).

    would pounce be considered injury prone if his own teammate didnt take out his leg?

  2. #92
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    would pounce be considered injury prone if his own teammate didnt take out his leg?
    Will DD be considered injury prone if Gilbert falls on him again?

    If a player gets his leg twisted in a pile I don't view that as injury prone. Players who pull up in practice or tweak a hammy running down the field is a problem. Players who get hurt every other game are what I consider "injury prone"

    It certainly feels like a few fans want every player to hit the road while making up excuses for old vets who ARE injury prone.

  3. #93
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,082
    Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I think its unrealistic imo.
    AKA Not going to happen.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  4. #94
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    829
    I wish we had that kind of depth at all of our positions.

  5. #95
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,197
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Will DD be considered injury prone if Gilbert falls on him again?

    If a player gets his leg twisted in a pile I don't view that as injury prone. Players who pull up in practice or tweak a hammy running down the field is a problem. Players who get hurt every other game are what I consider "injury prone"

    It certainly feels like a few fans want every player to hit the road while making up excuses for old vets who ARE injury prone.
    i'm with you on that

  6. #96
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,007
    We should all be happy that our line is intact for 2014 barring any injuries
    Beachum-Foster-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert
    I'm pretty excited

  7. #97
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    We should all be happy that our line is intact for 2014 barring any injuries
    Beachum-Foster-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert
    I'm pretty excited
    I'm pretty excited about that line myself except for Gilbert (at his current production).

    Hopefully Munchack will be able to coach Gilbert up to the point of him being a solid tackle..

    With all of this being said, we will only be as good as our depth..so it will be critical to keep guys like Velasco, Wallace...

    even Levi Brown if he can somehow be cut/re-signed at a reasonable salary. Guys like Brown spark my curiousity...especially with Munchak as the OL coach to refine his skill sets.
    Last edited by Ernie; 02-09-2014 at 09:00 AM.

  8. #98
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,007
    I didn't want to be a debbie downer, but Gilbert's inconsistencies worry me a bit..Ok i said it

  9. #99
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I'm pretty excited about that line myself except for Gilbert (at his current production).

    Hopefully Munchack will be able to coach Gilbert up to the point of him being a solid tackle..

    With all of this being said, we will only be as good as our depth..so it will be critical to keep guys like Velasco, Wallace...

    even Levi Brown if he can somehow be cut/re-signed at a reasonable salary. Guys like Brown spark my curiousity...especially with Munchak as the OL coach to refine his skill sets.
    Levi Brown should pay us to play. But I am looking forward to our O-line under Munchak. I still wonder about the dynamic between him and Velasco. If they are on good terms, it is hard to figure why he would cut his starting Center outright. If he could get just one of these two slugs (Gilbert or Adams) to play up to their supposed talent levels (i.e. Pro Bowl caliber), he will be a miracle worker.

  10. #100
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Levi Brown should pay us to play. But I am looking forward to our O-line under Munchak. I still wonder about the dynamic between him and Velasco. If they are on good terms, it is hard to figure why he would cut his starting Center outright. If he could get just one of these two slugs (Gilbert or Adams) to play up to their supposed talent levels (i.e. Pro Bowl caliber), he will be a miracle worker.
    The same could be said for Adams and Gilbert...based on their performance so far. If Munchak could coach up Gilbert or Adams, I'd think Brown would also benefit... He's got to have some tools... to be drafted as high as he was out of college.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •