Pretty striking how similar these two teams are. Both teams have 2nd year QB's that many label as "just a game manager." Both teams have a pounding, grind-it-out running style with a punishing big back (although Pittsburgh had the Willie Parker complement). Both teams are have hard-hitting defenses who attack the QB (Steelers had 15 sacks and 5 INT's in those playoffs alone!)

Will be interesting to see how Seattle manages the team in the coming years. I heard a good interview with the Seahawks beat writer on NFL Radio last week and he was talking about it. He said that the only reason that Seattle was able to sign DE's Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett was because they have a 2nd year QB on a rookie contract. He basically talked about how it was kind of a perfect storm for them this year in that they had a lot of low-priced, lesser known players outperforming their contracts. Avril and Bennett, both free agent signings, combined for 16.5 sacks this season! Neither of whom would even be on that team if they were paying Wilson on a larger contract (which is coming)

I loved watching this Super Bowl because Seattle played exactly like I want the Steelers to play. Hard-nosed, physical football. That being said, I think it's a pipe-dream to say, "oh let's just copy the Seahawks and do what they did." They caught lightning in a bottle this season and lots of things fell perfectly into place for them. DGMW, I'm not knocking them at all, but it always takes some luck to win a SB.

The 2014 Steelers are in a much different place than the 2013 Seahawks. I absolutely believe that we can become a more physical team on Defense through the draft and some shrewd moves in Free Agency, but it's not going to be an easy road. Lots of cap money is dominated by the stars on the team, which will be the EXACT same thing that will happen in Seattle in a few years when they have to pay Wilson, Sherman, Earl Thomas etc. If you're a Seahawk fan, enjoy the run and hope they can get back to the SB a few more times like Pittsburgh did.