Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Defense, defense, defense...

Legend

User Info Menu

Smith & Keisel, while maybe not stat ballers, made everyone around them look like ballers.

Don't see the same from Hood. If fact, if I recall correctly, Hood was partially being blamed for the lack of LB pressures this Defense was going through.

Legend

User Info Menu

Having a mindblock maybe but who is Smith?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Having a mindblock maybe but who is Smith?
    He was referring to Aaron Smith
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sure in a thread entitled defense, defense, defense that Dick Lebeau's name has surfaced and he has either been defended or been called the "problem" with the defense. London Fletcher has an interesting take on Dick Lebeau that some will like and others will hate.

[URL]http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/13/london-fletcher-unplugged-retirement-hall-of-fame/[/URL]

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

No reason for anyone to hate that...

Hating the truth is just silly...

Starter

User Info Menu

For those who don't click the link, here's London Fletcher talking about his career:

The greatest football mind was Dick LeBeau. He came to Buffalo in 2003 for one year before he went to Pittsburgh. He is far and away the greatest football mind I’ve ever been around, and it’s not even close. There’s no close second. You realize it right away, in the first three minutes of him doing the first install of a fire zone. Anybody who’s been around him, played for him, spent a moment with him—you know, that’s football royalty. It doesn’t get any better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    For those who don't click the link, here's London Fletcher talking about his career:
    Ah he had a down year, dump him. Even though Ive never met Saint LeBeau, Im sure hes lost it mentally and the game has passed him by.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    No reason for anyone to hate that...

Hating the truth is just silly...
    Just keep watching and lets see what types of comments we get about Lebeau.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

LeBeau's genius and legacy was never questioned...

we have been slipping the last 3 years in sacks, pressure, rush D, INTs, etc...

If it continues for the next year or 2 then what? Do we keep repeating his genius while waiting for the perfect combo of talent with a guy pushing 80?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    LeBeau's genius and legacy was never questioned...

we have been slipping the last 3 years in sacks, pressure, rush D, INTs, etc...

If it continues for the next year or 2 then what? Do we keep repeating his genius while waiting for the perfect combo of talent with a guy pushing 80?
    If it continues for the next 2 or 3 years then maybe a change will be in order, but there is absolutely no indication that Lebeau's mental capacity, drive, ability to put in the necessary hours, etc is being hindered by his age, absolutely none. As a matter of fact, quite the contrary, most comments that are being made are that the young guys have to keep up with him (I don't have a link, but this seems to be something I recall hearing.).

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -