Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worst superbowl ever

Legend

User Info Menu

worst superbowl ever

thank god i really didnt care who won this game.
    terrible game
    bad officiating
    bad coaching
    crappy halftime
    bad commercials

the one ggod thing was sherman being a non factor and getting injured. the only time you noticed him was when he was rolling on the ground getting 'hurt'
    unless you were a diehard seahawks fan, this has to go down as the worse one ever
    i did however really enjoy spending time with family and friends eating and getting drunk.
    oh, i also won a sqaure
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I actually enjoyed everything about it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Actually Sherman was a factor in that Manning chose over and over again not to go his way. So, Sherman took his area of the field away from the Broncos based on their fear of going his way. To me, that's a very big factor.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed. It was one of the worst ever. I pretty much stopped watching it in the 2nd Q. Missed the halftime show entirely and the start of the 3rd Q.... ZZZZZZZ
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    thank god i really didnt care who won this game.
    terrible game
    bad officiating
    bad coaching
    crappy halftime
    bad commercials

the one ggod thing was sherman being a non factor and getting injured. the only time you noticed him was when he was rolling on the ground getting 'hurt'
    unless you were a diehard seahawks fan, this has to go down as the worse one ever
    i did however really enjoy spending time with family and friends eating and getting drunk.
    oh, i also won a sqaure
    The only thing you are correct on is the bad commercials.

That was total domination by a physical, young defense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I actually enjoyed everything about it.
    Agreed. I was pretty happy about it. Of course, I barely paid any attention to the halftime or commercials. That said, I was really impressed with the Seattle D. They maintained gap discipline better than anyone I've seen in a long time. There were very few YAC for the Donkeys. They pressured Manning into paralysis by analysis. Even though the Donkey D took Lynch away, Wilson and the receivers showed that they weren't completely one-dimensional.

I couldn't help but think that just about any other AFC team could have done better than Denver, including our Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Personally, I enjoyed it. Watching a D that dominate was enjoyable even if it was the Seahawks.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Agreed. I was pretty happy about it. Of course, I barely paid any attention to the halftime or commercials. That said, I was really impressed with the Seattle D. They maintained gap discipline better than anyone I've seen in a long time. There were very few YAC for the Donkeys. They pressured Manning into paralysis by analysis. Even though the Donkey D took Lynch away, Wilson and the receivers showed that they weren't completely one-dimensional.

I couldn't help but think that just about any other AFC team could have done better than Denver, including our Steelers.
    They kept pressuring antsy pants up the middle with their pass rush making him uncomfortable the whole game. I kept thinking any other QB would have looked more comfortable than Peyton. The other problem is Peyton may not have the arm he once had and wasn't much of a vertical threat. I think they played him like he had the arm strength of a Jon Kitna and wasn't ever going to attack them deep.

The whole time I kept thinking it was such a shame the Steelers didn't creep into the playoff and SuperBowl. Things woulda opened up more for us because they'd have to respect Ben's deep ball. I doubt Seattle's corner coulda kept up with AB and I think Ben woulda exploited their aggressiveness all over the field with his pump fake.

On the flip side, Lynch woulda probably had 300 yards against our D.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Personally, I enjoyed it. Watching a D that dominate was enjoyable even if it was the Seahawks.
    I enjoyed it as well... it was a nice FU to all the pass happy, offense happy people who think the D is an after thought in today's NFL

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The only thing that would have made that game better, as the blowout that it was, would have been the Pats betting smeared by 60 instead of Denver by 35.