Thread: Yikes!

Legend

User Info Menu

Yikes!

A team wins the Super Bowl with defense and a run-heavy offense. Back to the 70's, yinzers!

Where's Crash when you need him?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    A team wins the Super Bowl with defense and a run-heavy offense. Back to the 70's, yinzers!

I wouldn't call that a run heavy offense. I think their offense is very well balanced, effortless almost. They even put themselves in holes with penalties all game long and dug it out with sound play calling and execution.

that was the most complete team win and domination I can remember in a long long time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I wouldn't call that a run heavy offense. I think their offense is very well balanced, effortless almost. They even put themselves in holes with penalties all game long and dug it out with sound play calling and execution.

that was the most complete team win and domination I can remember in a long long time.
    What the Seahawk offense did was manage to put itself in positive down and distance all game, it seemed every third down was 5 yards or less. They didn't ask Wilson to win the game, just make one good play after another and that's exactly what he did. Dare I say it? He "managed" the game, OMG, a game manager that makes plays won the super bowl, Roger won't be happy about that. I can't even begin to describe how much I enjoyed watching an offense flounder and a defense dominate in today's NFL. A thing of beauty, I hope the Seahawks can keep that defense together and stick it to the "let's turn the NFL into the Arena league" gurus.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Great sharing ...!
    hehehe

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post

I disagree with Run-Heavy offense. If you have home run hitter like AP or Beast well it makes sense but to have Run heavy offense with the likes of Redman, Dwyer and Mendy its just foolish.

Your best players should be on the field.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    They didn't ask Wilson to win the game, just make one good play after another and that's exactly what he did. Dare I say it? He "managed" the game, OMG, a game manager that makes plays won the super bowl, Roger won't be happy about that.
    I didn't think Wilson played well at all, he just made no costly mistakes. He missed some easy throws, he almost missed a couple of others that the receiver made plays on. Both TD passes were short, easy throws that were followed up by great individual efforts. An early big play down the sidelines should have been a TD, but was badly underthrown (like a duck). Only because the WR had beaten the DB so handily did it result in a big play as he waited patiently for the ball. Great D and Harvin were the keys to this offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's just Denver. No one gets blown out in SuperBowls like the Broncos. I remember them getting shellacked by SF and Washington. Now Seattle.

Peyton and the Broncos were the perfect marriage.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I didn't think Wilson played well at all, he just made no costly mistakes. He missed some easy throws, he almost missed a couple of others that the receiver made plays on. Both TD passes were short, easy throws that were followed up by great individual efforts. An early big play down the sidelines should have been a TD, but was badly underthrown (like a duck). Only because the WR had beaten the DB so handily did it result in a big play as he waited patiently for the ball. Great D and Harvin were the keys to this offense.
    The score of the game and Wilson's box score say differently though, he played small ball, made plays and move the chains, you can't really ask for much more. His receivers are average to slightly above average, I don't think any team is going, wow, I need that receiver on my team. He managed the game, didn't make any mistakes and made plays, his play wasn't the reason they won, but his play wasn't going to be the reason they lost either. His TO ratio is 26/9, completed 63% of his throws, and a 101 QB rating for the year. You can win a lot of games with a quarterback that turns the ball over .5 times per game.

He may not be great at bringing a team from behind, but with solid play like he exhibited this year and their defense he was probably rarely behind.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I completely disagree. He escaped the blitz very well. He threw some absolutely beautiful passes (some bullets, some touch passes). He was great. Sure there were a few stinkers and he was not winning the game on his own. But, he played very well and turned some bad plays into very good ones. He is also a very underrated technician. His play fakes and footwork are among the best in the game. I was more than a little impressed. Wilson is a winner.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.