Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
Its easier to ball hawk when a QB can't step into a pass or under pressure. My point is we don't need 1st rounders to field a decent backfield... I think FA needs to be utilized and our draft should focus on the front 7 early on.

Which position(s) should be the focus? I think Heyward and Timmons are the only sure things right now.

DT and DE could both be in play. I think Keisel has another year in him - could draft a 2nd/3rd rounder and let him learn a bit. Louis Nix should definitely be on the radar.

OLB has a logjam, no sense drafting there - gotta make something work with JJ, Woodley, and maybe Worilds.

That leaves one more ILB spot - would you take a thumper or an athlete like Timmons? I'd say thumper and turn Timmons loose. We know he can be successful bringing the heat, and I think it would be easier to plug and play a young thumper than a guy who has to think about coverage/run/pass/what should I be doing this play. Maybe CJ Mosley in the first, although he seems more in the all around athlete/pass coverage specialty group from what I have read.

On the back end, there are no sure things. All positions should be in play every round.