Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Shazier talks Ohio State fans disliking him now that he’s a Pittsburgh Steeler

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Shazier talks Ohio State fans disliking him now that he’s a Pittsburgh Steeler

As a Buckeyes fan, I found this to be great.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There’s no doubt that former Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier is one of the most beloved Buckeyes players in history, and fans all over the country are happy for his success as he begins his journey as an NFL player.

But, what some Ohio State fans are not happy about is the team that he’s starting that journey with, and for obvious reasons.

Back in May, Shazier was selected in the first round by the Pittsburgh Steelers, so of course, if you have any familiarity whatsoever with Ohio State fans and their professional allegiances, this is not going over very well.

Recently, Shazier found this out first hand as he expressed that he has already had some Ohio State fans tell him that he is their favorite player no longer.

“I’ve had so many people tell me, ‘You were my favorite player until you went to the Steelers,’ which is kind of crazy,” a laughing Shazier said. “I’m like, ‘You’re gonna sell me out now? For that? Come on, man, I’m still the same guy you loved at Ohio State.’”

Well, this is something that should have been expected, but Shazier is learning the hard way what happens when you leave Columbus and play for a team not named the Cincinnati Bengals or Cleveland Browns.

[url]http://scarletandgame.com/2014/06/29/ryan-shazier-talks-ohio-state-fans-disliking-now-hes-pittsburgh-steelers/[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm a Buckeye fan as well...

Shazier and Heyward were favorites, as Buckeyes, for me...

I hope to remember them as all time Steeler favorites as well...

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, we get the best of both worlds...Buckeyes and Steelers. There are many many Steeler fans in Ohio who also love their Bucks.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah, we get the best of both worlds...Buckeyes and Steelers. There are many many Steeler fans in Ohio who also love their Bucks.
    Buckeye Steeler haters SHOULD BE ELATED having seen his play KNOWING we got stuck with a small weak dude who can't shed blocks.

(Sorry buddy I couldn't resist)
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-29-2014 at 06:36 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I'm a Buckeye fan as well...

Shazier and Heyward were favorites, as Buckeyes, for me...

I hope to remember them as all time Steeler favorites as well...
    You and Shawn must be loving this
    Now that we seem to be drafting more 3-4 ready types, it looks like our draft strategy on defensive 1st round picks is BAB.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-29-2014 at 06:44 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You and Shawn must be loving this
    Now that we seem to be drafting g more 3-4 ready types, it looks like our draft strategy on defensive 1st round picks is BAB.
    Best Available Buckeye
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-29-2014 at 06:45 PM.

TCFCLTC-

Backup

User Info Menu

I know I'm loving it. And I'm all for the BAB approach

Legend

User Info Menu

There really is too few Buckeyes on the Steelers.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Buckeye Steeler haters SHOULD BE ELATED having seen his play KNOWING we got stuck with a small weak dude who can't shed blocks.

(Sorry buddy I couldn't resist)
    I am loving it. Shazier isnt small or weak, but has had trouble getting locked up and washed out. I have a feeling that in the next couple seasons we will see a couple things...some big misses...but also some really big plays. He will be very exciting to watch. I don't believe he was the most NFL ready ILB in this draft, but he has the most talent and that isn't even a question. But, the fact that LeBeau has him penciled in to start has made that much less important to me. I wanted the guy who could sit Vince Williams on the bench sooner rather than later. It appears we drafted that guy so I am happy. Shazier instantly makes this team better, even as a rookie.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    I know I'm loving it. And I'm all for the BAB approach
    Well it makes sense...pull talent from the greatest football school on the planet.
    Trolls are people too.