Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders Will Have Plenty of Competition on FA Market

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I think Nate Washington is a tad better. I don't recall him dropping the # of passes as ES and he was definitely better at going deep.
    I am no fan of Sanders, but he was a much more complete WR than Nate Washington. Sanders is a better route runner, but Washington was a significantly better deep threat.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I am no fan of Sanders, but he was a much more complete WR than Nate Washington. Sanders is a better route runner, but Washington was a significantly better deep threat.
    Every WR who ran the go route in BA's offense was wide open...

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers have allowed far better receivers go in FA than Sanders, most notably Burress and Holmes, I doubt they are losing sleep over Sanders testing the FA waters to see what turns up. On the other hand, if they thought they might let him go this year, why didn't they take the 3rd from the Patriots last year?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Have they declared whether Plaxico will be given another chance for next season or has he already retired or cut from the team yet ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Steelers have allowed far better receivers go in FA than Sanders, most notably Burress and Holmes, I doubt they are losing sleep over Sanders testing the FA waters to see what turns up. On the other hand, if they thought they might let him go this year, why didn't they take the 3rd from the Patriots last year?

Pappy
    Having been to 3 Super Bowls in the span of 6 years, I think they thought they still had a shot of contending, and losing out on ES may have diminished their SB hopes, so they thought. I am sure they headed into 2013 thinking they had a shot at another ring, and a WR weakened without ES dashed their hopes. Other wise, why wouldn't they have taken the 3rd rounder for him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Having been to 3 Super Bowls in the span of 6 years, I think they thought they still had a shot of contending, and losing out on ES may have diminished their SB hopes, so they thought. I am sure they headed into 2013 thinking they had a shot at another ring, and a WR weakened without ES dashed their hopes. Other wise, why wouldn't they have taken the 3rd rounder for him?
    I can buy that... same reason they've held on to some of these aging vets.. holding out for one last run

Rookie

User Info Menu

It also kept Ben happy...

He came around the 2nd half of the season...if Sanders were gone, maybe that doesn't happen....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes it sounds good to say the Steelers thought they had a legit run at the SB, but I don't believe that was the FO's thinking in the reason they wanted to retain Sanders. I think they thought they had a good #2. We can judge Sanders AFTER seeing him drop a couple of clutch passes and he seemed to have trouble with the deep pass this past year, but before this season played out, I think they just wanted to hold onto a player they thought could help the team, plus keep Ben happy like mentioned above.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

they rented sanders for a year in exchange for a 3rd round pick. On a team with a roster full of holes.

dumb decision.

Rookie

User Info Menu

They didn't exchange anything....

Besides, letting Sanders go would have created another hole...