Thread: Nostalgia: 05 and 08 some things that I forgot...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nostalgia: 05 and 08 some things that I forgot...

The wife is doing something or other tonight and I'm on my own. I had taped just about everything that had come on during Steelers' week during the NFLN's Dynasty Weeks. So, i watched the 05 and 08 highlights.

Here are some things I completely forgot about.

-How good J-Peezy was, and what it was like to have that fire from him. (05) Those two sacks after they overruled Troy's Int? Woooohooo. Damn near Lambert-esque.
    -How James Harrison showed up just about EVERY TIME the Steelers _needed_ the ball back. Him or Troy. It was crazy. (08.) No wonder we get frustrated when we can't ice a game now.
    -The luxury of a good, closing RB. (05)
    -Santonio in the 08 playoffs. He scored in every game and in every conceivable way. He was such a stud for those 3 games.
    -The fast in Fast Willie Parker. (08. Dude could Scoot. (C'mon Dri... make me forget him)

Mostly, I forgot how destructive those defenses were. They just created havoc. There's one clip of Timmons just destroying a Raven's WR. There were so many big plays and turnovers and huge hits. Man, I want to see that again.

There's so much more... What a good way to spend an evening.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    The wife is doing something or other tonight and I'm on my own. I had taped just about everything that had come on during Steelers' week during the NFLN's Dynasty Weeks. So, i watched the 05 and 08 highlights.

Here are some things I completely forgot about.

-How good J-Peezy was, and what it was like to have that fire from him. (05) Those two sacks after they overruled Troy's Int? Woooohooo. Damn near Lambert-esque.
    -How James Harrison showed up just about EVERY TIME the Steelers _needed_ the ball back. Him or Troy. It was crazy. (08.) No wonder we get frustrated when we can't ice a game now.
    -The luxury of a good, closing RB. (05)
    -Santonio in the 08 playoffs. He scored in every game and in every conceivable way. He was such a stud for those 3 games.
    -The fast in Fast Willie Parker. (08. Dude could Scoot. (C'mon Dri... make me forget him)

Mostly, I forgot how destructive those defenses were. They just created havoc. There's one clip of Timmons just destroying a Raven's WR. There were so many big plays and turnovers and huge hits. Man, I want to see that again.

There's so much more... What a good way to spend an evening.
    Ah yes, I love re watching those clips as well. I think I taped about as much as you did when they aired that week of Steelers clips... Here's to future memories that we all can look back on and say ,"Wow".

Administrator

User Info Menu

I DVR'ed every one of those shows.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I DVR'ed every one of those shows.
    me too, I just watched us beat the Cowgirls again 35-31 in the Super Bowl earlier today.

it never gets old...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    me too, I just watched us beat the Cowgirls again 35-31 in the Super Bowl earlier today.

it never gets old...

It's pretty nice to a have a cache of sweet-ass football shows to fallback on when free time arises.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I enjoy watching stuff on those seasons all day long. And I even kind of like reviewing the SB loss to Dallas in 1995, for some reason. It was from a different era, and even though we didn't win, I like seeing coverage back from the 90's. That being said, I don't enjoy watching anything from the 2010 SB vs. GB. It makes me sick. It just sucked all the way around: Ben's pick that led to an immediate GB TD, Mendenhall's fumble when it looked like we had the momentum and would win the game, and Ben's last possession crapping of his pants. It's just not fun to re-visit.