Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders Will Have Plenty of Competition on FA Market

Report: Emmanuel Sanders expected to sign with Denver Broncos

Posted by: Rick Brisse March 15, 2014

Former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders is expected to sign with the Denver Broncos, according to ESPNís Adam Schefter.

According to ESPN.com, Sanders is seeking a contract in the range of the five-year, $31.5 million deal ($13.25 million guaranteed) that former Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Golden Tate signed for with the Detroit Lions.

Sanders, who turns 27 on March 17, caught 67 passes for 740 yards and six touchdowns in 2013.

The Broncos were looking to replace wide receiver Eric Decker, who signed a five-year, $36.25 million deal with the New York Jets on Thursday.

Neither team nor playerís agent will confirm, but Broncos are expected to sign former Steelers WR Emmauel Sanders, per league sources.

ó Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 16, 2014

http://sportsglory.com/nfl/report-em...#ixzz2w5B8DBAE

Adam Schefter11 mins ∑
    So on it goes. Denver adds WR Emmanuel Sanders, New England adds WR Brandon LaFell.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Yep. Sanders GONE.

I would think this might hasten a Cotchery signing.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 03-15-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Yep. Sanders GONE.

I would think this might hasten a Cotchery signing.
    No link but there is a report that Cotchery and the Steelers are working on a new deal. St. Louis is also showing interest in Cotchery.

Starter
    Hmm.. will be interesting to see how he is used in Denver. Denver is definitely stacking the deck...with recent signings, that's for sure.

Hall of Famer
    Eecutives Crying Foul on the new Sanders Deal

I am having tough time copy paste the article. Its on NFL
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

He will probably put up some pretty decent numbers in that offense.The post game talk show type fans will whine that we should have never left him go,but the knowledgable ones will realize it was the right move.

Hall of Famer
    Denver clearly going for broke this season. Manning has perhaps 2 seasons left. After that, they will have to blow up the offense. Funny thing is, they are repeating the error from last year. I don't see things changing there. They will win a lot of reg season games, then flop in the playoffs. They should be finding a stronger running game to complement the pass.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    He will probably put up some pretty decent numbers in that offense.The post game talk show type fans will whine that we should have never left him go,but the knowledgable ones will realize it was the right move.
    Nah... I think Sanders is a legit WR2b and if we had a better D I would have no problem keeping him at a respectable rate.

Legend
    They say his agent broke every rule in negotiations... agreed with the Chiefs "in principle", used that deal to negotiate with the Bucs without telling them they agreed "in principle" with the Chiefs, then agreed with the Broncos while blowing off a meeting with SF.

Sounds greasy.... but probably legal and nothing more than aggressive negotiating. Pretty sure teams do this to players all the time.

Until the ink is on the paper its not a deal IMO.