Thread: Jason Worilds wants to stay -- as starter

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ​I'm still not sold On Worilds...
    Nor should you be

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd bring back Worilds and let him start on the left. He's simply better than Woodley. I'd keep Woodley for another year at least and move him to the right and let him start until JJ proves he can do anything. I'd even look at JJ inside. JJ looks completely overmatched at ROLB just like Timmons did when he played there.

I think you've got 2 special players on this D in Worilds and Heyward. Give these 2 16 games and I'm not going to be surprised if both are in the discussion for DPOY next season.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see JJ become great inside. While he has no pass rush skills whatsoever, he's got a motor and is a big time hustler that I think could become dominant on the inside as he gets stronger. The one thing I'm looking most forward to with JJ is the way he attacks and tries to take away the ball whenever he gets a chance. But against LTs, he's getting no where near the ball on a regular basis.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'd bring back Worilds and let him start on the left. He's simply better than Woodley. I'd keep Woodley for another year at least and move him to the right and let him start until JJ proves he can do anything. I'd even look at JJ inside. JJ looks completely overmatched at ROLB just like Timmons did when he played there.

I think you've got 2 special players on this D in Worilds and Heyward. Give these 2 16 games and I'm not going to be surprised if both are in the discussion for DPOY next season.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see JJ become great inside. While he has no pass rush skills whatsoever, he's got a motor and is a big time hustler that I think could become dominant on the inside as he gets stronger. The one thing I'm looking most forward to with JJ is the way he attacks and tries to take away the ball whenever he gets a chance. But against LTs, he's getting no where near the ball on a regular basis.
    I like the idea of keeping Worilds on the left and Woodley on the right going gainst the better Left Tackles. I think Woodley's bullrush style may pay off on that side much like Harrison.

I'm not sure that JJ could play inside. I saw a picture last year and thought he was a WR. The kid just looks lean and I'm not sure he can get that much bigger. Even if we leave him on the outside I'm not sure he is ever better than what Worilds is now. He has high motor and is tireless in pursuit but he can't bullrush and I haven't seen any great pass rush moves.

I understand he played in the 3-4 at Georgia but he just seems to be to be more of a 4-3 OLB who has great pursuit skills.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I like the idea of keeping Worilds on the left and Woodley on the right going gainst the better Left Tackles. I think Woodley's bullrush style may pay off on that side much like Harrison.

I'm not sure that JJ could play inside. I saw a picture last year and thought he was a WR. The kid just looks lean and I'm not sure he can get that much bigger. Even if we leave him on the outside I'm not sure he is ever better than what Worilds is now. He has high motor and is tireless in pursuit but he can't bullrush and I haven't seen any great pass rush moves.

I understand he played in the 3-4 at Georgia but he just seems to be to be more of a 4-3 OLB who has great pursuit skills.
    Really? I watched him in college and he was an absolute stud. He had beaten out Worilds at one point to be the starter at OLB. But, your expert analysis is that he can't play OLB or ILB in a 3/4? really? smh

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Really? I watched him in college and he was an absolute stud. He had beaten out Worilds at one point to be the starter at OLB. But, your expert analysis is that he can't play OLB or ILB in a 3/4? really? smh
    I watched him to in college and I saw a whole bunch of pursuit sacks where the LT couldn't sustain their blocks. That isn't going to happen at this level.

We can go with your expert analysis about the player who couldn't keep the job he "supposedly won" and had one sack all season long. Maybe we should just let Worilds walk and count on JJ to take us to the promised land since he has proven so much...really?

I hope JJ is the second coming of Kevin Greene, but I don't see it...yet.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 02-26-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers aren't going to keep both.
    Worilds is going to get some team to break the bank.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

I tend to agree. I will give JJ another shot at OLB, but I can't deny that his lack of speed is a factor in my opinion. Charlie Casserly (before last year's draft) said that he could not recall a OLB who clocked such a slow 40 time, who "made it" in the league. I'm not a Underwear Olympic guy, but there is a point where it has to raise eyebrows. 4.9? I can run a 4.9!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I tend to agree. I will give JJ another shot at OLB, but I can't deny that his lack of speed is a factor in my opinion. Charlie Casserly (before last year's draft) said that he could not recall a OLB who clocked such a slow 40 time, who "made it" in the league. I'm not a Underwear Olympic guy, but there is a point where it has to raise eyebrows. 4.9? I can run a 4.9!
    Agreed. It's concerning because he's not big, he's not strong, and he's not fast. His athleticism is working against him and I hope he can overcome it somehow because he was productive in the SEC.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I watched him to in college and I saw a whole bunch of pursuit sacks where the LT couldn't sustain their blocks. That isn't going to happen at this level.

We can go with your expert analysis about the player who couldn't keep the job he "supposedly won" and had one sack all season long. Maybe we should just let Worilds walk and count on JJ to take us to the promised land since he has proven so much...really?

I hope JJ is the second coming of Kevin Greene, but I don't see it...yet.
    We should trade all of our defensive players for TE's.

Legend

User Info Menu

So Steeler Nation has labeled JJ a bust after 1 season.
    LMFAO