Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Worilds wants to stay -- as starter

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    So Steeler Nation has labeled JJ a bust after 1 season.
    LMFAO
    Most here wanted a Derrick Thomas type rookie season from JJ. I still have hope. I also just hope that he does not need to be on the left to be good or flash like Worilds.

LMFAO
    yup, just like Troy and Timmons were...

Pro Bowler
    LMFAO

he was a bust last year
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

LMFAO
    I think JJ is going to be a beast.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    We should trade all of our defensive players for TE's.
    The TEs would actually play. A TE could probably produce one sack on defense too. Besides, probably every TE we have on the roster is faster than JJ.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I tend to agree. I will give JJ another shot at OLB, but I can't deny that his lack of speed is a factor in my opinion. Charlie Casserly (before last year's draft) said that he could not recall a OLB who clocked such a slow 40 time, who "made it" in the league. I'm not a Underwear Olympic guy, but there is a point where it has to raise eyebrows. 4.9? I can run a 4.9!
    Vontaze Burflict ran a 5.1 forty. Isn't he around the league leaders in tackles for his 2 years in the league? I'd take him. Just because Jones ran a 4.9 doesn't mean he can't play in this league. Instinct, smarts and quickness will determine the impact of a player most of the time ... not straight line speed.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

LMFAO
    bustamalu jones? bustamarvis?

Admittedly, he did give me visions of Jason Gildon in his limited pass rushing arsenal... and build (chicken legs)...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Pro Bowler
    Reported worilds could command 6-7 mil per year....**** that

Legend
    LMFAO
    What did you see in JJ that gives you hope for his future?

I personally like the guy. Met him in camp and he was super nice and engaging. And I thought he looked quick off the snap against our tackles who we quickly found out were awful to start the season.

Once we get into the season, I didn't expect much from him in his first year. But I did think we should see him blow by someone off the snap or overpower someone or have a pass rush move or 2 to beat someone. And I literally saw none of that. Sure people jumped the gun on Troy and Timmons but you could see special talent in those guys where they may have gotten mixed up in their responsibilities, but they flat out beat guys too from time to time. I can't think of a play where JJ really beat someone.

The part that makes me nervous about him is ROLB is the premiere player in our D. And we've got a kid that's smallish, slow, and lacks strength at this point manning our most important spot.

The only positive thing I can really say about JJ is he doesn't give up on a play. I just don't know if he's a good fit at ROLB. I'd like to see him be successful, but I just don't see how it's gonna happen at this point?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I think JJ is going to be a beast.
    I thnk so too... that hit on CJ and his play on ST's showed me he has a nose for the ball. Its rare for a rookie on D to play fast so it makes for a struggle when the guy is smallish as well.