Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Worilds wants to stay -- as starter

Legend

User Info Menu

if LaCanfora is correct on his guess about woodley, I predict another bad year.
    Troy taking a cut? I thought his agent said that wasn't gonna happen.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    if LaCanfora is correct on his guess about woodley, I predict another bad year.
    Troy taking a cut? I thought his agent said that wasn't gonna happen.
    Troy's agent was open to the idea. IMO, several vets will need to restructure to stick around. It's hard to believe the Steelers are one of only two teams currently over the cap (about $8 million over). Dallas is the other.

We've got a lot of bad contracts and dead money bogging this team down.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Troy's agent was open to the idea. IMO, several vets will need to restructure to stick around. It's hard to believe the Steelers are one of only two teams currently over the cap (about $8 million over). Dallas is the other.

We've got a lot of bad contracts and dead money bogging this team down.

hmm, i read somewhere that he was totally against it. well, whatever.
    i would cut levi and offer troy, ike and woodley to take a 50% paycut. take it or get released. that would be a good start

Administrator

User Info Menu

I've been a Woodley supporter but I hope he is cut and they are able to retain Worilds. It just makes good business sense. Woodley isn't getting any younger (29 already). I think they could afford Worilds at a 6-7 mil/year price tag.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I've been a Woodley supporter but I hope he is cut and they are able to retain Worilds. It just makes good business sense. Woodley isn't getting any younger (29 already). I think they could afford Worilds at a 6-7 mil/year price tag.
    I think they need to keep him this year. There is no depth behind Jarvis and hopefully Worilds. They have to try and get Woodley to take a paycut and if he doesn't workout then cut him next year after they can develop some new guys. With the salary cap increase I think they should be able to offer Worilds 7 mil, he earned his starting spot last year. We just have to hope no other team offers him something more.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post

id draw up 1 contract for 4 million per year for 2 years and offer it to both guys. first 1 to take it, get it. the other walks.
    if both walk, there will be FAs available to hold down the spot until we develop someone

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    How so OV?
    Woodley and Harrison were there.
    BC You're SUPPOSED to bench the guys who have proven themselves and were playing at a high level. I don't care if the guy missed training camp or that he couldn't cement a spot over a rookie. He's YOUNG SO PLAY HIM

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hardesthittinglbever View Post
    Woodley is a bust in my opinion. He isn't a playmaker at all.
    As the hardest hitting lb of all time, I should know.

I was really impressed by Worilds last year, especially when he ran down a guy trying to take it to the house. Worilds blew by corners and safetys to catch the guy and tackle him. I'd bet that he is the fastest guy on the team in the 100.
    hes not even the fastest LB on the team lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Losing Worilds would be yet another condemnation and evidence of a failing system that doesn't allow players to get significant playing time until their third or fourth season.
    I fail to follow your logic.

With both Harrison and Woodley under contract, hows does playing Worilds early and often get the Steelers out of the current situation??

Legend

User Info Menu

​I'm still not sold On Worilds...