Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RuthlessBurgher's Pre-Super Bowl 2014 Full First Round Mock Draft 1.0

Hybrid View

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

RuthlessBurgher's Pre-Super Bowl 2014 Full First Round Mock Draft 1.0

1. HOU DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
    2. STL OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
    3. JAX QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
    4. CLE QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
    5. OAK QB Blake Bortles, Central Florida
    6. ATL DE/OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA
    7. TB DE/OLB Khalil Mack, Buffalo
    8. MIN QB Derek Carr, Fresno State
    9. BUF WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson
    10. DET WR Marquis Lee, USC
    11. TEN WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    12. NYG DE/OLB Kony Ealy, Missouri
    13. STL S HaHa Clinton-Dix, Alabama
    14. CHI DT Louis Nix, Notre Dame
    15. PIT OT Greg Robinson, Auburn
    16. DAL DT Tim Jernigan, Florida State
    17. BAL LB C.J. Mosley, Alabama
    18. NYJ TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina
    19. MIA OT Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    20. ARZ OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan
    21. GB TE Jace Amaro, Texas Tech
    22. PHI CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
    23. KC WR Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State
    24. CIN CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
    25. SD OT Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama
    26. CLE S Calvin Pryor, Louisville
    27. NO DE/OLB Scott Crichton, Oregon State
    28. CAR WR Allen Robinson, Penn State
    29. NE TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    30. SF DT Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
    31. SEA DT Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
    32. DEN CB Marcus Roberson, Florida

if it breaks like that, I would rather have mosely or gilbert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    if it breaks like that, I would rather have mosely or gilbert
    I also don't see them taking OT in the 1st. I think Beachum has proven good enough at LT with Gilbert or Adams taking over ROT. I have a feeling they will go defense. We could really use upgrades at DL, ILB, CB and maybe even S.

Pro Bowler
    If Robinson is there it is a no brainer pick imo.

But i also think there is simply no chance of him being there, after the combine he may be the #1 OT, hes a beast. Him and Matthews are almost certainly both going to get top 10 consideration

Also, he may very well go to saint louis....Jeff Fishers son plays at Auburn and fisher was rumored to be in line for that job before he took the st louis job, he has pretty close ties with the program

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    If Robinson is there it is a no brainer pick imo.

But i also think there is simply no chance of him being there, after the combine he may be the #1 OT, hes a beast. Him and Matthews are almost certainly both going to get top 10 consideration

Also, he may very well go to saint louis....Jeff Fishers son plays at Auburn and fisher was rumored to be in line for that job before he took the st louis job, he has pretty close ties with the program
    Yup, no way Robinson is there, coming off his 2014 + BCS game. This guy is Top 10 all the way. If by miracle he does make it to us, it makes Colbert's job very easy. Take him, and plug him in at LT for 10 years. Beachum then gets dibs at RT, and wow... what a line we could potentially have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Yup, no way Robinson is there, coming off his 2014 + BCS game. This guy is Top 10 all the way. If by miracle he does make it to us, it makes Colbert's job very easy. Take him, and plug him in at LT for 10 years. Beachum then gets dibs at RT, and wow... what a line we could potentially have.
    Some have him top 3

3. OT Greg Robinson, Auburn, (6-5, 320, 5.3*: Redshirt offensive linemen rarely earn more than a whisper in scouting circles, but the buzz generating around the Tigers' star left tackle is starting to become deafening. Physical and tenacious, Robinson is a grizzly bear in the running game, mauling opponents with an exciting blend of size (6-5, 320 pounds), strength and athleticism. Auburn's reliance on the running game, however, has given Robinson few opportunities in pass protection, meaning he could struggle initially in this role. Robinson isn't as polished as Matthews, which is why he ranks behind the Aggies' star for me, but the redshirt sophomore possesses an extraordinary upside that could lead to his earning a higher selection come draft day.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...o-5----or-no-1
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Interesting. I would certainly be happy with Robinson, but I would be surprised if the Steelers selected an OT. I think they will roll with what they have.

Ruthless - who is your pick of the year? I know in years past, it's been guys like Earl Thomas and DD. Anybody you have your sights set on for the Steelers this year?

Legend
    While I'd prefer Ebron, Robinson would be a solid 10 year player. Couldn't ask for more than that. Good pick Ruthless.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Interesting. I would certainly be happy with Robinson, but I would be surprised if the Steelers selected an OT. I think they will roll with what they have.

Ruthless - who is your pick of the year? I know in years past, it's been guys like Earl Thomas and DD. Anybody you have your sights set on for the Steelers this year?
    Too early in the process still to formally declare my "Man Crush" of the draft. I've been lucky enough to have the team actually draft my early targets David DeCastro and Jarvis Jones in the last 2 drafts. I did really like Earl Thomas once upon a time, but that year, Eric Berry was truly my guy. Since I knew that Berry would be way out of our draft range, I was hoping that Earl Thomas would somehow fall into our laps that year instead. Once upon a time, I was so high on Calvin Johnson that I suggested a Ditka-like trade of an entire draft to get him (albeit spread over 2 seasons...giving up our 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th in '07 and our 2nd, 4th, and 6th in '08). Since that was obviously not a reasonable trade up scenario by any means, I moved on to a couple of other guys that year, both of which failed to live up to expectations in the NFL (I was hoping for a minor trade up for Amobi Okoye or staying put and taking Adam Carriker. Can't win 'em all, I suppose). Favorites in other drafts have included the likes of Patrick Peterson and Alex Mack.

From what I read, Robinson would be playing guard at the professional level. Anyone else hear that? I hope, if he drops to #15, that he plays tackle. Then again...I still think that the Steelers should pass on getting an offensive tackle and let Munchak do his job and try to tap into Adams' and Gilbert's potential.
    Rara's very early 2015 NFL Mock Draft
    Round 1- Jalen Collins, CB; LSU
    Round 2- Eric Lefeld, OT; Cincinatti
    Round 3- Tyler Kroft, TE; Rutgers
    Round 4- Geneo Grissom, OLB; Oklahoma
    Round 5- Jonathon Mincy, CB; Auburn
    Round 6- Jamil Douglas, OG; Arizona State
    Round 7- Spencer Roth, P; Baylor