Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RuthlessBurgher's Pre-Super Bowl 2014 Full First Round Mock Draft 1.0

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers philosophy in first has nothing to do with need. It is about their board. Robinson is Top 10 talent. If he returned & put up the SAME year as he did in '13...He might be a Top 3 pick. In Ruth's draft breakdown...He would be the BPA by far & should be the pick.

I don't think the Steers are interested in OL early. I think they want Munchak to polish them up & should have a SB caliber OL when all said & done. However...If you think a franchise LT is on the board...You don't pass him up if you don't have one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Steelers philosophy in first has nothing to do with need. It is about their board. Robinson is Top 10 talent. If he returned & put up the SAME year as he did in '13...He might be a Top 3 pick. In Ruth's draft breakdown...He would be the BPA by far & should be the pick.

I don't think the Steers are interested in OL early. I think they want Munchak to polish them up & should have a SB caliber OL when all said & done. However...If you thing a premier LT is on the board...You don't pass him up if you don't have one.
    I've been saying it for a while now.. I doubt the Steelers go OL in the first because I think the FO believes we have youth who will develop at OT.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I've been saying it for a while now.. I doubt the Steelers go OL in the first because I think the FO believes we have youth who will develop at OT.
    And I feel the same way....I don't want OL in the 1st. But all of us knowing the Steelers way...Right now...If Mathews or Robinson some how slide to #15....We all know deep down the name that will be on the card as it gets walked to the podium. About 80% of us will hate the pick...But 1-2 years down the line we won't question it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    From what I read, Robinson would be playing guard at the professional level. Anyone else hear that? I hope, if he drops to #15, that he plays tackle. Then again...I still think that the Steelers should pass on getting an offensive tackle and let Munchak do his job and try to tap into Adams' and Gilbert's potential.
    Robinson might end up at guard, but he is going to be tackle first and i would expect him to dominate there

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd rather have Mosley.
    The question is... Can Munchak coach these guys and keep them healthy. We have had more than our fair share of injuries on the O line and hopefully a change in coaching may eliminate some of them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I'd rather have Mosley.
    The question is... Can Munchak coach these guys and keep them healthy. We have had more than our fair share of injuries on the O line and hopefully a change in coaching may eliminate some of them.
    Funny.. I said the same thing when Kugler left. The off. line just seems to have a cloud over them with the injuries that plague them year in, year out. Would be ecstatic to get some continuity for a change.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska