Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adams or gilbert trade value

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Adams or gilbert trade value

Having 3 relatively young OT on the team in Adams, Beachum, & Gilbert, would you trade one of them to move up the draft or collect more draft picks?

What value can you possibly get trading a young starting RT?

Would you be in favor of it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Having 3 relatively young OT on the team in Adams, Beachum, & Gilbert, would you trade one of them to move up the draft or collect more draft picks?

What value can you possibly get trading a young starting RT?

Would you be in favor of it?
    a few weeks ago, I would have been open to "Testing the market" with Gilbert or Adams. Now that Munchak has been brought in, I'd be curious to see if these guys improve..

I don't think either of them will bring much (maybe a mid/late round pick at best). I think the thing to do now is let the new coach "Coach them up" and see if they develop into what we'd hoped they'd be.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    a few weeks ago, I would have been open to "Testing the market" with Gilbert or Adams. Now that Munchak has been brought in, I'd be curious to see if these guys improve..

I don't think either of them will bring much (maybe a mid/late round pick at best). I think the thing to do now is let the new coach "Coach them up" and see if they develop into what we'd hoped they'd be.
    I agree with you. I'm curious about Munchak's ability to coach up...specifically Adams.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree with you. I'm curious about Munchak's ability to coach up...specifically Adams.
    Gilbert needs a boat load of coaching too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Gilbert needs a boat load of coaching too.
    I agree. But, the reason I mention Adams is because IMO he has a much higher ceiling.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Got to agree Ernie. We bailed on Urbik just a moment too soon, now he and Legursky are the starting guards in Buffalo. I do think we need to add one more prospect to the position cause one of those prob wont pan out and we will need three quality players at OT for me to feel comfortable.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Like Ernie said, I don't think we'd get much more than a 5-7 rnder for Gilbert or Adams. James Hurst from NC would be a nice prospect to slide over to the right side (LT in college). He got hurt last year and might be a good pick up in the middle rounds if the FO decides on a trade for either Adams/Gilby.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Why trade either of them. It's not like we have tons of talent and depth along the OL. As others have said, let's see what Munchak can do with them.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really think Mike Adams especially has a bright future on the team. He reminds me of a young flozell Adams, has a few things to work on still but he is in good hands with Munchak. The main reason bicknell was fired other than he was phased out as the year went on was the lack of progress with adams. His tools are unreal, if he can get his pass blocking up to just average bell will love running behind him.

Gilbert is very inconsistent, not that adams isnt, but I have a hard time having as much faith in gilbert anymore

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I really think Mike Adams especially has a bright future on the team. He reminds me of a young flozell Adams, has a few things to work on still but he is in good hands with Munchak. The main reason bicknell was fired other than he was phased out as the year went on was the lack of progress with adams. His tools are unreal, if he can get his pass blocking up to just average bell will love running behind him.

Gilbert is very inconsistent, not that adams isnt, but I have a hard time having as much faith in gilbert anymore
    I have more faith in Gilbert at RT than Adams at LT. At least Gilbert has been able to get on the field and produce. I think Munchak will help both these guys out but I think Gilbert is closer to a good NFL starter than Adams right now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"