Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aaron Donald, Pitt

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    More like zo jackson in the second, or ricardo coclough, and trai essex....oh wait

I do like Van Noy a lot though, I was just spit balling ideas with donald.

Mack at 15 would be excellent as well. Im not sure about Jarvis Jones as a rush backer, he might face the timmons fate of kicking inside, which is something I could live with. I think he'll end up a special player, but the pass rush needs to be addressed still
    Read something that Van Noy doesn't have much upper body development and looks lean. Could be a "redshirt" like Jarvis Jones and we see nothing out of a player like that in year 1...or year 2...

I am far less confident that you that J Jones will be a "special player"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not sure I would hold up Kendral Bell as a example of an excellent second half of the draft. Sort of like saying Timmons/Woodley, looks good early but with time looks bad.
    Kendrell Bell was a dominant force inside right off the bat. Injuries just did him in. It happens. You can't blame the kid for that (or the front office that drafted him, for that matter). Following that reasoning, Bo Jackson wasn't anything special because injury did him in early as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Kendrell Bell was a dominant force inside right off the bat. Injuries just did him in. It happens. You can't blame the kid for that (or the front office that drafted him, for that matter). Following that reasoning, Bo Jackson wasn't anything special because injury did him in early as well.
    He was something else in his rookie year. I remember one play in particular where he blitzed and knocked the OG who attempted to pick him up flat on his back.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Read something that Van Noy doesn't have much upper body development and looks lean. Could be a "redshirt" like Jarvis Jones and we see nothing out of a player like that in year 1...or year 2...

I am far less confident that you that J Jones will be a "special player"
    I dont think Jarvis will ever be a sack artist, he doesnt have the explosion like von miller and aldon smith or JPP (all of whom have shown nothing more than one year wonders at this point). I do really like what he brings to the table though, he will likely be putting up some james harrison caliber stat lines if he stays to the outside, wouldnt expect him to be breaking the sack record.

He was up and down this year, but lately the "Plug and play" olb of dick lebeaus defense has been non existent...timmons failed (he is king on the inside, but putrid on the outside), bruce davis failed, worilds was terirble for a solid 3.5 years.

We'll see though, I am still high on him. I was on heyward and decastro too after slow starts and they have been doing some great things. I showed less optimism in hood, and hopefully that bum in on his way out

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I dont think Jarvis will ever be a sack artist, he doesnt have the explosion like von miller and aldon smith or JPP (all of whom have shown nothing more than one year wonders at this point). I do really like what he brings to the table though, he will likely be putting up some james harrison caliber stat lines if he stays to the outside, wouldnt expect him to be breaking the sack record.

He was up and down this year, but lately the "Plug and play" olb of dick lebeaus defense has been non existent...timmons failed (he is king on the inside, but putrid on the outside), bruce davis failed, worilds was terirble for a solid 3.5 years.

We'll see though, I am still high on him. I was on heyward and decastro too after slow starts and they have been doing some great things. I showed less optimism in hood, and hopefully that bum in on his way out
    Timmons never got a chance to be comfortable on the outside because he moved out for short periods (and then back in) because our other OLBs couldn't stay on the field. I still think Timmons would be a force if moved outside permanently.

I don't see Jones ever equqlly Harrison's best years in terms of sacks. He just seems to be more of a pursuit guy than power guy. He never gives up and plays with high motor but I'm not sure he will ever be able to deal with the huge left tackles in the league. IMO he would be an outstanding 4-3 OLB.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 01-29-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I never seen the kid, but I would much prefer Jernigan over him.

I haven't seen every DL in the draft, but I don't imagine any being more impressive than Jernigan at this point. How does Donald and him compare? Just from description, Donald's game seems based on quickness, beating C/G off the ball. Jernigan is a power player, a straight mauler.