Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowher praises Bettis by knocking his quarterbacks

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Cowher doesn't need to make excuses for Bettis. Jerome deserves to get in on his own volition. Bettis was at one time the 4th leading rusher in the history of the game. He still stands at number 6. Every other running back in the top 10, including those behind Bettis is in the Hall of Fame(excluding LT who is not yet eligible). Bettis isn't only a shoe in, it will be a crime if he doesn't get in, especially with a lackluster list of finalists like we have this year.
    Which is a testament to his longevity and durability. Is that enough to get someone into the Hall?
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Got a question for the stat guys here,.....what was Bussey's ypc average his first four seasons as a Steeler ?

He slowed down with age,...but i remember watching him in his prime thinking "My God if we had even a decent QB with him (Bettis) playing like this along with our pass rush and strength against the run,...who could beat us ?!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Ypc first 4 years...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Which is a testament to his longevity and durability. Is that enough to get someone into the Hall?
    In an age when RBs of his size peter out in half the duration of Jerome's career, maybe so...

A lot of big RBs were on a trajectory to top Bettis' rushing numbers, but none of them ever did...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    In an age when RBs of his size peter out in half the duration of Jerome's career, maybe so...

A lot of big RBs were on a trajectory to top Bettis' rushing numbers, but none of them ever did...
    And I think that is a valid point. That combined with the fact that Bettis was running against many 8 man fronts...might be enough. I don't think Bettis is a no brainer shoe in like many Steeler fans. But, I do think he gets there.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And I think that is a valid point. That combined with the fact that Bettis was running against many 8 man fronts...might be enough. I don't think Bettis is a no brainer shoe in like many Steeler fans. But, I do think he gets there.
    Considering the RBs in the top #14 who are eligible have made it in, with the exception of Bettis, it should be a no brainer...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Considering the RBs in the top #14 who are eligible have made it in, with the exception of Bettis, it should be a no brainer...
    When you consider his size, rushing yards and how he handled himself on and off the field its a no brainer IMO.