Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RB coach makes lateral move?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yes. Haley must be really despised. He has been the Off Coord for two organizations and had one of only 32 jobs in the world as head coach of an NFL team. Sure sounds to me like the NFL can't stand this guy and wants to do everything they can to get him out of the NFL (sarcasm in vast quantities).

I seem to remember all this nonsense about how another Steelers Off Coord was despised and now I think he is HEAD COACH of another NFL team.
    Think you might be being a tad naive here? Where there is smoke there is generally fire. Every single place Haley has gone he has trouble getting along with others. He landed in Pgh because the Rooneys over-value anyone who is from western PA and that can't get anymore obvious. If not for the Steelers, I doubt Haley lands another OC gig.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    BA was despised by the fans...

Haley is rumored to be despised by players and coaches...

Now, I like what Haley is doing so I have no issue with him but let's not act like he doesn't have a rep for being an azzz.
    Feltdizz nails it.

Legend

User Info Menu

As long as Haley produces...I won't worry about it.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    As long as Haley produces...I won't worry about it.
    I agree, but in order to keep producing, he better let Ben call his own plays and go no huddle. If that ends, so does our productivity.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I agree, but in order to keep producing, he better let Ben call his own plays and go no huddle. If that ends, so does our productivity.

regardless their still Haley's plays...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    regardless their still Haley's plays...
    Ummm, yes and no. How many of Ben's most productive plays are ones where he improvises and the receivers break off their routes and free lance? That isn't Haley's plays. They may start off as his plays, but the successful versions are often the players free lancing.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know why everything always must be one way or the other. Was the O clicking because of Ben or Haley? Why not just say that the combination of the two of them seems to be clicking? Ben was having a great season in '12 prior to his injury. After a slow start, the O started humming along the last 3/4 of this past season. Wilson has been around football long enough to know that this is working and that a potential vacancy at OC is not imminent. The fact that he may or may not like Haley is probably secondary to the lack of opportunity to advance soon. In the meantime, Baltimore had an opening. Minny's offense is in disarray and Wilson gets the chance to learn from one of the best in Norv. Not to mention that a turnaround led by Norv can help him, and all of his assistants, advance somewhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

I heard that Kirby went to Minn because it was rumoured Ben was being traded to the Vikes.........
    runs and hides

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Ummm, yes and no. How many of Ben's most productive plays are ones where he improvises and the receivers break off their routes and free lance? That isn't Haley's plays. They may start off as his plays, but the successful versions are often the players free lancing.
    I have to disagree. Ben started to get rid of the ball in rhythm or check down which is why the offense started clicking the last half of the year. Ben didn't have to do as much improvisation or get hit as much as a result of this change. Do you really think the offensive line went from one of the worst pass blocking lines to one of the better ones all by itself? Ben got to call the plays but they were Haley's plays. Ben just had the confidence to execute them. Kudos to both of them.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!