Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace: I Should Have Had 15-20 more TDs

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like the Steelers are smarter than some of us think.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Nobody is trading for Wallace. This only gets worse for the Dolphins. Even in a trade he is guranteed 15 mil in '14. Dolphins can't even restructure it to make it better to try & help a trade. He is going to make 9.85, 11.45, & 11.45 in base '15-'17. This is bad for them. If this is really going on behind the scenes...Does anyone expect Wallace to "Pro-up" & come out in '14 and prove his worth? They will have to sit on a locker room cancer for '14 or cut him & swallow the close to 24 mil of dead money. If they can make it through '14...They an cut him next year & swallow 9.6 mil. That will probably be the route
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 03-27-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Chain mover vs deep ball...

I appreciated Wallace's one trick because it was a good trick but it was all he had in his arsenal. Biggest problem with Wallace is if the ball wasn't perfect the chance of him catching it was .02%
    This was made apparent when watching the last gasp drive attempt in SB XLV. In XLIII, Stonio stepped up and played like a #1... when he asked for the money, at least he had demonstrated he deserved it. Watching Wallace try to get open in a tight end of game situation with a title on the line would've been comical had it not been my team losing.

Backup

User Info Menu

Steelers are extremely smart when it comes to $$$$$

Always loved that about our team. We always seem to buy LOW and sell HIGH.

Letting go of Sanders and Cotch is the right decision at this point but it still doesn't change the fact that we need 1 or 2 more WR's to come in here! If we are settling for the cheap Lance Moore we need to find 1 more Lance Moore type player as well to compete with Wheaton for the #2 or #3 spot. 1.5 Million for a WR in a passing league is worth the investment IMO.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dolphins would be crazy to trade a guy who should have had 15-20 more TDs. I could see if he should have had 10 more TDs, maybe test the waters. But 15-20 more hypothetical touchdowns? No way.

Starter

User Info Menu

Great point

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    This was made apparent when watching the last gasp drive attempt in SB XLV. In XLIII, Stonio stepped up and played like a #1... when he asked for the money, at least he had demonstrated he deserved it. Watching Wallace try to get open in a tight end of game situation with a title on the line would've been comical had it not been my team losing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Dolphins would be crazy to trade a guy who should have had 15-20 more TDs. I could see if he should have had 10 more TDs, maybe test the waters. But 15-20 more hypothetical touchdowns? No way.
    exactly!

I mean, what if Wallace scores 25 TDs next season?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Haynesworth
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Morning take: Mike Wallace frustrated by offense

October, 29, 2014
    By James Walker | ESPN.com

Here are the most interesting Miami Dolphins stories Wednesday from around the Web:

Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald writes receiver Mike Wallace is frustrated by the offense.

Morning take: Wallace is bothered by the offense's inconsistency. There are a lot of Dolphins fans who feel the same.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/11070/morning-take-mike-wallace-frustrated-by-offense[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree 100% that Wallace was not worth keeping at the price he was asking, but the idea that he ONLY ran deep routes and ONLY caught long passes is a bit much. I remember a lot of crossing routes, bubble screens (yes, bubble screens) and other short routes that he caught and added on a lot of YAC. Some he took all the way. But if he's on the trading block, I'll pass. Seems to be a pain in the azz.