Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace: I Should Have Had 15-20 more TDs

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'll take the 3rd Round Comp Pick for him versus paying him a ridiculous amount of money.
    In a universe where those are the only two options, yes, I'd take that as well. I would have preferred a trade earlier - when the Steelers gave Wallace the RFA tender and it was apparent that he wouldn't sign, I would have preferred that they move him then. There was at least one team willing to give Wallace huge money, and perhaps other teams as well, according to some reports. A player like that has value. I'd prefer the Steelers to maximize the value as opposed to just getting a comp pick.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    In a universe where those are the only two options, yes, I'd take that as well. I would have preferred a trade earlier - when the Steelers gave Wallace the RFA tender and it was apparent that he wouldn't sign, I would have preferred that they move him then. There was at least one team willing to give Wallace huge money, and perhaps other teams as well, according to some reports. A player like that has value. I'd prefer the Steelers to maximize the value as opposed to just getting a comp pick.
    Trying to remember my years correctly... didn't we go to the Super Bowl that year against the packers? I probably would have take "1-more-shot" with that guy (and been ticked like they probably were when you see him stop playing).
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Trying to remember my years correctly... didn't we go to the Super Bowl that year against the packers? I probably would have take "1-more-shot" with that guy (and been ticked like they probably were when you see him stop playing).
    I believe that Wallace was an RFA after the debacle in Denver, and a UFA in the offseason after the 8-8 season.

Yes, he is available for trade....do I want him back? HELL NO!
    Rara's very early 2015 NFL Mock Draft
    Round 1- Jalen Collins, CB; LSU
    Round 2- Eric Lefeld, OT; Cincinatti
    Round 3- Tyler Kroft, TE; Rutgers
    Round 4- Geneo Grissom, OLB; Oklahoma
    Round 5- Jonathon Mincy, CB; Auburn
    Round 6- Jamil Douglas, OG; Arizona State
    Round 7- Spencer Roth, P; Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Yes, he is available for trade....do I want him back? HELL NO!
    Report: Dolphins still trying to trade Mike Wallace

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 26, 2014

Last month, when Jason La Canfora of CBS reported that the Dolphins were trying to trade Mike Wallace, the Dolphins denied it. But the report isnít going away.

La Canfora reported today that the Dolphins have renewed their attempts to trade Wallace during the league meetings, and that some interested teams are doing their homework on Wallace. La Canfora even floats the possibility of a trade between the Dolphins and Eagles, sending DeSean Jackson to Miami and Wallace to Philadelphia.

However, Wallaceís contract makes him a tough player to trade. The Dolphins would take an immediate cap charge of $8.8 million if they trade him before June 1. And more importantly, any team that trades for Wallace would be taking on his fully guaranteed salary of $15 million this season. Does anyone seriously believe any other team is going to pay Wallace $15 million, fully guaranteed, this season?

By trying to trade Wallace, new Dolphins G.M. Dennis Hickey is acknowledging that he thinks former Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland wasted a lot of Stephen Rossís money and a lot of the teamís cap space when he signed Wallace to a five-year, $60 million contract this season. Itís highly unlikely that any other team would be willing to trade for that contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-mike-wallace/

Hall of Famer
    The Dolphins will have to provide additional compensation for another team to take him.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

And this is the entire problem with the idea of the Steelers trading him...

Not only would another team have had to give up a high draft pick to the Steelers, they would have given Wallace an exorbitant contract as well...nobody wanted to do that with the Steelers then and nobody wants to do that now...

The Steelers did maximize their return...

It appears that getting rid of that diva may have been addition by subtraction.

Pro Bowler
    Man $15 million.....i liked wallace and all but that is INSANE