Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace: I Should Have Had 15-20 more TDs

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    remember when all the 'fans' wanted the steelers to throw huge dollar amounts at this guy
    said the offense would take a serious hit and regress
    how brown will suck without wallace opening stuff up for him
    how ben will blow
    Yep, WR is one position where we have a great track record of keeping the right guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

remember when all the 'fans' wanted the steelers to throw huge dollar amounts at this guy
    said the offense would take a serious hit and regress
    how brown will suck without wallace opening stuff up for him
    how ben will blow
    I think it was a pretty even split because I know alot of fans didn't want to keep Wallace at what he was asking for because we saw 3 years of the drops, failing to fight for catches, etc. Wallace is an over-hyped product of the video game era and fantasy football where making ESPN highlights because you run fast is mistaken for qualifications as a good all around football player.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Then he needs to shut up about production and woulda, coulda TD's...

i'm only assuming he's trying to fool some more people into thinking he's worth the money.
    i think wr and rb are the easiest positions to find in the nfl.
    most wrs are only as good as the qb throwing to them. the elite ones that you need to get or keep are the big, physical ones
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

i'm only assuming he's trying to fool some more people into thinking he's worth the money.
    i think wr and rb are the easiest positions to find in the nfl.
    most wrs are only as good as the qb throwing to them. the elite ones that you need to get or keep are the big, physical ones
    WR's who are paid like Wallace tend to catch anything thrown within arms length. Wallace needs a perfect pass...hell, now he needs the perfect coverage to succeed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yep, WR is one position where we have a great track record of keeping the right guy.
    Ben is the reason that it appears that the Steelers keep the right guy; he's underrated by Steeler fans.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    He's right about if you press him, he'll get open. But that doesn't really matter when the stars have to align in order for him to make a catch. If the pass isn't laid in there perfectly, no catch. It's seriously delusional, comical and even sad for him to say at this point that he should've had 20 more TDs, breaking Moss' record in a season.
    More evidence that he is pretty much a turd as a person.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

An outside the numbers WR who cannot consistently high point the football either lacks instincts, intelligence, drive or some combination of the three. Wallace is not a technician and has not worked to improve himself. I do not feel sorry for him or the Dolphins. But, I do salute the Steelers for not overpaying him or letting him hold them hostage in a negotiation. He did not earn that.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He chose to go to a bad team. Miami stinks. Ben Roethliberger or Tannehill? Hmmmmmmm. You reap what you sew Mr Wallace.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    An outside the numbers WR who cannot consistently high point the football either lacks instincts, intelligence, drive or some combination of the three. Wallace is not a technician and has not worked to improve himself. I do not feel sorry for him or the Dolphins. But, I do salute the Steelers for not overpaying him or letting him hold them hostage in a negotiation. He did not earn that.
    hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by don2016 View Post
    He chose to go to a bad team. Miami stinks. Ben Roethliberger or Tannehill? Hmmmmmmm. You reap what you sew Mr Wallace.

so do the steelers.
    i bet wallass can cope with being on a bad team more easily in the climate of miami compared to pitt.
    that is even if he gives a **** about winning.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown