Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Worilds Ranked Second Best Free Agent LB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    And this is why i wouldn't put it past the Steelers to draft another OLB at 1.15 and after next year role with jones and this year's pick, let worlds go this year and release Woolley next year.

Oh and sorry I didn't have sarcastic meter running on the sack machine comment, I must be losing it in my old age.

Pappy
    I agree. I could see them grabbing someone like Khalil Mack if he falls to #15. Would be the smart move if we let Worilds walk and only have Woodley and Jones which is a scary thought.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    someone will overpay for him and there is nothing we can do about it...

but let's be real.. he wasn't a beast in our system. He had a nice run in 8 games this year but he didn't "win" any games for us or change the momentum of games. He was a good OLB on a bad defense this year.
    Look back when he played. He was always among the leaders in QB pressures. He knows how to get to the QB. Can't fault him on that.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Something to consider.
    We regret paying Woodley the big bucks because AFTER signing he has been injury prone right?
    Worilds got a starting opportunity twice and cannot string together a half season of starts......EVER.
    Woodley at least HAS been a healthy starter. Worilds has NEVER done that.

Not to defend Woodley, but if we dont want an oft injured player Worilds aint necessarily gonna be any better at staying healthy.

His new found value to another team might be a blessing in disguise.

It would look really stupid if we get snake bitten again with a guy WE KNEW IN ADVANCE was prone to injury, pay him AND get cap hit by a chunk of what we owe Woodley after cutting him.

Beware what you wish for my Steeler brothers.
    BOOM. My thoughts exactly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree. I could see them grabbing someone like Khalil Mack if he falls to #15. Would be the smart move if we let Worilds walk and only have Woodley and Jones which is a scary thought.
    I can't see the Steelers passing on Mack if he is there.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think many have forgotten how well Worilds played in 2012 when he subbed for Woodley. Yes, he subbed for Harrison at the beginning of the year and played badly but later on when Woodley got hurt Worilds played well. I still don't know why there is such a difference between how he plays on the right side vs. the left side. I just know when he plays on the left side he flashes pro bowl talent.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I think many have forgotten how well Worilds played in 2012 when he subbed for Woodley. Yes, he subbed for Harrison at the beginning of the year and played badly but later on when Woodley got hurt Worilds played well. I still don't know why there is such a difference between how he plays on the right side vs. the left side. I just know when he plays on the left side he flashes pro bowl talent.

yup, people want to knock worilds for his play on the right side but when woodley moved there, he didnt do **** either. but some want us to let worilds walk and continue to get raped by woodley
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

problem is that Worilds has a pretty lenghthy injury history

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    problem is that Worilds has a pretty lenghthy injury history
    more than LameR?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    more than LameR?
    For a guy who didn't start? Was probably worse. He couldn't get in the game and he'd get hurt. Like Brian Griese...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Way to lazy to look it up. But besides a few sacks does Worilds have any strips or multiple sack games? Really Pro bowl level? Someone else here said one of the best OLB in the league, REALLY? I did not see it. I seen the best OLB on this team with bad OLB play is all. So that does not say much. How has Kruger played? Not sold on Worilds at all. Would keep him for a Steelers friendly deal but nothing else from my point of view. Can Worilds even be a Gildon? Who fans love to hate it seems to me. Was Gildon more then a average OLB? Do we want a average OLB? Or is this all about Woodley really hurting this team and fans? Really wish Woodley would get his head out of his ASS! He can be a game changer. Can Worilds be a game changer? I am not so sure.