Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worilds Ranked Second Best Free Agent LB

Legend

User Info Menu

It's safe to say that the vast majority of these guys are "Injury prone". Not too many guys play a full 16 game season in today's NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Before we start giving the FO a hard time over Worilds, can someone tell me at what time you believed he had performed at an NFL level good enough to offer him a contract extension? Often injured and multiple opportunities to take hold of the starting position without success. What do you offer a player with those stat line and failures to keep him on your team? Why would you?

On the other hand, it seems the coaching staff may have missed on where to play Worilds, it seems he's a very good LOLB, but not so much at ROLB.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Before we start giving the FO a hard time over Worilds, can someone tell me at what time you believed he had performed at an NFL level good enough to offer him a contract extension? Often injured and multiple opportunities to take hold of the starting position without success. What do you offer a player with those stat line and failures to keep him on your team? Why would you?

On the other hand, it seems the coaching staff may have missed on where to play Worilds, it seems he's a very good LOLB, but not so much at ROLB.

Pappy
    Worilds was among team leader in QB presssures in games he played in. FO could have made an offer and got him on the cheap by offering him security after last season which he likely would have jumped all over. Especially knowing Harrison was washed up and Woodley was a huge question mark.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    You nailed it, Pappy. Worilds had a perfect opportunity to demonstrate his value when Harrison was out for a few weeks to start the 2012 season. However, he couldn't seize the opportunity because he wasn't healthy himself, and he ended up splitting reps with Chris Carter. His performance to start this season was so lackluster that he lost his starting job to Jarvis Jones. He finally capitalized on the opportunity when Jones lost his starting job, but even then, Worilds missed the last game of the season because of an injury.

Worilds did show some flashes at times, but he never showed an ability to stay healthy or perform at a consistently high level. You can't blame the FO when the player doesn't capitalize on his opportunities.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Worilds was among team leader in QB presssures in games he played in. FO could have made an offer and got him on the cheap by offering him security after last season which he likely would have jumped all over. Especially knowing Harrison was washed up and Woodley was a huge question mark.
    If I was Worilds, I wouldn't have signed a low extension with the Steelers going into this offseason. You know that they have a huge contract in Woodley and a first round pick at your position in Jones. He would have to think that his best opportunity was with another organization.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If I was Worilds, I wouldn't have signed a low extension with the Steelers going into this offseason. You know that they have a huge contract in Woodley and a first round pick at your position in Jones. He would have to think that his best opportunity was with another organization.

great evaluation
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    They could have signed him before they drafted Jones. If anything, Jones play or lack thereof has given Worilds a stronger negotiating position. Woodley's continued fade has also strengthened Worilds' hand in negotiations.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I still think Woirlds will get only 3-4 mil/year. Whether that's doable for the Steelers is another question.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I tend to agree

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I still think Woirlds will get only 3-4 mil/year. Whether that's doable for the Steelers is another question.
    I think it will be on the higher end of that (i.e. 4 mil). The number in my head, due to comparisons to guys like Paul Kruger, were too high. I don't see a team giving him anywhere near Kruger money (5 years, $40 mil), not after seeing the complete list of FA available. I see him around that $5 mil/year, and TBH (from the Steeler PoV), I still would be hesitant.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They could have signed him before they drafted Jones. If anything, Jones play or lack thereof has given Worilds a stronger negotiating position. Woodley's continued fade has also strengthened Worilds' hand in negotiations.
    why draft jones then if you gave worilds a new contract then?
    if the steelers would have given worilds a good contract, after proving nothing over the last 3 years, fans would have went nuts about it. and deservedly so.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown