Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WR Robert Herron Impresses Kevin Colbert at Senior Bowl Practice

the Steelers are bringing in 5'9" WR Lance Moore from the Saints in for a visit on Tuesday. if they're looking for a 5'9" slot receiver, I would much rather we draft this guy:

Robert Herron hopes to be among NFL draftees from Southern California

By Eric Sondheimer
    March 16, 2014

Wyoming wide receiver Robert Herron makes a catch at the NFL scouting combine in February.

Los Angeles doesn't have an NFL team, but this year's draft set for May 8-10 is going to generate excitement in Southern California, because lots of former high school standouts could be selected.

Anthony Barr of Los Angeles Loyola, Marqise Lee of Gardena Serra, Troy Niklas of Anaheim Servite and De'Anthony Thomas of Crenshaw will have plenty of fans glued to their TVs and computers hoping to unleash a big scream when they are chosen.

Then there's Robert Herron, a receiver from Dorsey who earned a college scholarship to Wyoming in the summer of 2010, just days before the start of fall practice. The fact he got on a plane to Laramie and stayed all four years provides a clue to his commitment to fulfilling a dream.

"I feel blessed for the opportunity to be able to play the sport," Herron said. "It's a great town. There's a lot of good people."

He ran a 4.48 40-yard dash at the NFL combine last month. He had unofficial times of 4.25 and 4.29 at his school's pro day last week. He wants the chance to play in the NFL.

Herron has overcome plenty. His father was in prison. His mother wasn't around. An aunt took him in and helped raise him.

"I feel everybody has obstacles. You just have to deal with it and get over it," he said.

In Wyoming, there were times it was so cold — minus-20 degrees with the windchill factor — that you wonder how Herron survived having been raised in sunny Southern California.

He's 5 feet 9, 190 pounds. In the NFL, his size should be no problem, because if you have speed and good hands there's a place for you. Herron has both. He can't wait for draft day.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/footba...#ixzz2wBbqrLpq

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the Steelers are bringing in 5'9" WR Lance Moore from the Saints in for a visit on Tuesday. if they're looking for a 5'9" slot receiver, I would much rather we draft this guy:

By Eric Sondheimer
    March 16, 2014

Wyoming wide receiver Robert Herron makes a catch at the NFL scouting combine in February.

Los Angeles doesn't have an NFL team, but this year's draft set for May 8-10 is going to generate excitement in Southern California, because lots of former high school standouts could be selected.

Anthony Barr of Los Angeles Loyola, Marqise Lee of Gardena Serra, Troy Niklas of Anaheim Servite and De'Anthony Thomas of Crenshaw will have plenty of fans glued to their TVs and computers hoping to unleash a big scream when they are chosen.

Then there's Robert Herron, a receiver from Dorsey who earned a college scholarship to Wyoming in the summer of 2010, just days before the start of fall practice. The fact he got on a plane to Laramie and stayed all four years provides a clue to his commitment to fulfilling a dream.

"I feel blessed for the opportunity to be able to play the sport," Herron said. "It's a great town. There's a lot of good people."

He ran a 4.48 40-yard dash at the NFL combine last month. He had unofficial times of 4.25 and 4.29 at his school's pro day last week. He wants the chance to play in the NFL.

Herron has overcome plenty. His father was in prison. His mother wasn't around. An aunt took him in and helped raise him.

"I feel everybody has obstacles. You just have to deal with it and get over it," he said.

In Wyoming, there were times it was so cold — minus-20 degrees with the windchill factor — that you wonder how Herron survived having been raised in sunny Southern California.

He's 5 feet 9, 190 pounds. In the NFL, his size should be no problem, because if you have speed and good hands there's a place for you. Herron has both. He can't wait for draft day.

i agree completely
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

By Eric Sondheimer
    March 16, 2014

I agree, but I understand the strategy of filling all the holes so they have the most flexibility on draft day. As we saw with Wheaton last seson nothing is for sure at WR and we have a hole there with Sanders gone and Cotchery possibly moving on...actually two holes. Adding Moore would take the pressure off to reach for a WR plus you get an experienced veteran presence.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!