Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Munchak in the house

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    At least Tomlin didn't try to beat a dead horse with Mahan. Some coaches would not allow their ego to be insulted by cutting a player that did not work out. How in the heck he ever thought he was a center to start with is beyond me but, at least we didn't suffer way too long with the guy.

i remember all the 'fans' that said it was a great signing, how he was a 'steeler' type guy and that he must be great because tomlin is bringing him in.
    just another classic example that 95% of fans know nothing about a player but blindly support the move because their coach or GM or team brought them in.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Rookie

User Info Menu

Or, 95% of fans know nothing about a player but blindly bash the coach or GM or team that brought them in...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Or, 95% of fans know nothing about a player but blindly bash the coach or GM or team that brought them in...

yup, works both ways
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    If Mathews or Robinson are there...You have to take him. Other than that...I think there will be many players graded higher than the rest of the 1st round LTs.
    Not going to give up on the talent that is here. I bet it was seen as a big problem to "waste" Urbik! So bring in a guy that can get the best out of these young guys! We will see in the next 2 seasons if the coach can get the most out of the talent or if it needs replaced. It seems there are guys that are just not liked. Thinking Starks and Colon. Both seemed to workout ok. I think Adams will be good. Just not sure which side! The O line will shake out the next 2 seasons. Will still have to see if Pouncey sticks around yet.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Not going to give up on the talent that is here. I bet it was seen as a big problem to "waste" Urbik! So bring in a guy that can get the best out of these young guys! We will see in the next 2 seasons if the coach can get the most out of the talent or if it needs replaced. It seems there are guys that are just not liked. Thinking Starks and Colon. Both seemed to workout ok. I think Adams will be good. Just not sure which side! The O line will shake out the next 2 seasons. Will still have to see if Pouncey sticks around yet.
    I'm not giving up on Adams or anyone here. Love the Munchak signing & believe that is what they needed to do to get the most out of their investments. I metioned Mathews & Robinson because they are Top 5 franchise LTs. You can't pass them up if you don't have a proven one...Which the Steelers dont't know just yet. I personally think they will be fine with one of Beachum or Adams with Munchak teaching them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I'm not giving up on Adams or anyone here. Love the Munchak signing & believe that is what they needed to do to get the most out of their investments. I metioned Mathews & Robinson because they are Top 5 franchise LTs. You can't pass them up if you don't have a proven one...Which the Steelers dont't know just yet. I personally think they will be fine with one of Beachum or Adams with Munchak teaching them.
    Oh I am sorry JPN I agree with you mostly. Just quoted you so everyone could read that again! To many needs to take a lower need. OT is even lower now with Munchak here I think. Might even pass up on the #2 rated OT if there at 15. Now I don't see them passing on the #1 rated OT. Just like they could not with Decastro. But I think they wanted him anyway. Heck with Beachum holding his own at LT it makes or gives Adams more time to blossom or fail. Adams better crawl into Munchak's pocket and learn all he can! Oh yea what about Levi Brown? Will they even offer him a vet min contract now? What can Munchak do with him? Or was he just a panic mode signing?
    Last edited by SS Laser; 01-24-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Oh I am sorry JPN I agree with you mostly. Just quoted you so everyone could read that again! To many needs to take a lower need. OT is even lower now with Munchak here I think. Might even pass up on the #2 rated OT if there at 15. Now I don't see them passing on the #1 rated OT. Just like they could not with Decastro. But I think they wanted him anyway. Heck with Beachum holding his own at LT it makes or gives Adams more time to blossom or fail. Adams better crawl into Munchak's pocket and learn all he can!
    Lets say it this way. I DO NOT want an OL at #15. I like what we have & think they could focus somewhere else. If they stay true to their board & Mathews or Robinson are there at #15...It's a no brainer. Many Steelers fans including myself will HATE the pick....But I understand it. If there is one thing we could put weight on in the Steelers draft is they stay true to that Dam BPA philosophy in the 1st. Hate it & we all want to tear it apart with hindsight down the road. But it has steered them well.

Like I said, there would be only 2 LTs imo that you couldn't pass on....Mathews & Robinson. I don't see how either one of them get out of the Top 10 no matter how bad the QB run hits.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that bringing Munchak in has made drafting OL in less of a priority. I am hoping he has the same impact with the OL that Carnell Lake has had with the secondary. In fact, I hope they draft a few DB's in the early to mid rounds to give Lake something to work with.