Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Munchak in the house

  1. #31
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,384
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    Has Munchak called Pouncey yet???
    LOL He might be waiting til he can talk to Ben and Haley first. I hear those 2 are impossible to get ahold of.

  2. #32
    I'm all for this move. Looking forward to next season already.

  3. #33
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,616
    Pouncey?? Time to call Mahan outta retirement!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  4. #34
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,009
    At least Tomlin didn't try to beat a dead horse with Mahan. Some coaches would not allow their ego to be insulted by cutting a player that did not work out. How in the heck he ever thought he was a center to start with is beyond me but, at least we didn't suffer way too long with the guy.

  5. #35
    Ok. So yes I am excited about the possibilities. So I read about the run blocking lines he had in 14 seasons. But did Munchak get a guy like Adams to play up to his ceiling? Did most of Munchak's O lines have high picks? Will the guys we have gel or like there new coach? Or will he need some new guys to follow him? Heck what will his grades of our O-line men be? Just some thoughts guys that this might not be a slam dunk right away. But I do like it and hope it works better then we all here think it will. There are a bunch of O-line on the off season roster.

  6. #36
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,476
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Ok. So yes I am excited about the possibilities. So I read about the run blocking lines he had in 14 seasons. But did Munchak get a guy like Adams to play up to his ceiling? Did most of Munchak's O lines have high picks? Will the guys we have gel or like there new coach? Or will he need some new guys to follow him? Heck what will his grades of our O-line men be? Just some thoughts guys that this might not be a slam dunk right away. But I do like it and hope it works better then we all here think it will. There are a bunch of O-line on the off season roster.
    We still need a quality Left Tackle instead of "good enough" with Beachum.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #37
    Players will respect a guy like Munchak...he was not only a HC, but played in the league for 12 years and was enshrined into the Hall of Fame...

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    We still need a quality Left Tackle instead of "good enough" with Beachum.
    It's why I wouldn't be sad if the Steelers took a LT with their first pick.

  9. #39
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It's why I wouldn't be sad if the Steelers took a LT with their first pick.
    I agree. While I would prefer a TE like Eric Ebron (Game changing talent) I would not cry if we took Taylor Lewan or Cyrus K. as our LT for the next 10 years.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #40
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It's why I wouldn't be sad if the Steelers took a LT with their first pick.
    If Mathews or Robinson are there...You have to take him. Other than that...I think there will be many players graded higher than the rest of the 1st round LTs.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •