Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Munchak in the house

Legend

User Info Menu

Great hiring. Hopefully he can get something out of this OL. It doesn't change the fact we still need better players there.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Great hiring. Hopefully he can get something out of this OL. It doesn't change the fact we still need better players there.
    Beachum stepped in admirably at left tackle despite his lack of elite size. Foster played well at lg and we'll get pouncey back this coming season and hopefully find a way to keep velasco. DeCastro really came in to his own and then we have Adams and Gilbert. I'm the least sold on Gilbert but i've seen some absolutely nasty run blocking out of adams. He does have the elite size and he's very athletic. He needs coached up and I think Munchak is that guy. Based on how Haley's system was implemented and how Ben played to close out the year I actually completely disagree that we need better players. We need some additional solid depth but I don't want to see them take a o-lineman in the first round unless they can get an elite one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Beachum stepped in admirably at left tackle despite his lack of elite size. Foster played well at lg and we'll get pouncey back this coming season and hopefully find a way to keep velasco. DeCastro really came in to his own and then we have Adams and Gilbert. I'm the least sold on Gilbert but i've seen some absolutely nasty run blocking out of adams. He does have the elite size and he's very athletic. He needs coached up and I think Munchak is that guy. Based on how Haley's system was implemented and how Ben played to close out the year I actually completely disagree that we need better players. We need some additional solid depth but I don't want to see them take a o-lineman in the first round unless they can get an elite one.
    If Munchak can finally get the potential out of Adams I would be thrilled. Up until now its been all about Adams "potential"...his "protypical size and athleticism". The occasional WOW play followed by turnstyle play. If Munchak is the guy that can finally coach Adams up...well color me impressed.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If Munchak can finally get the potential out of Adams I would be thrilled. Up until now its been all about Adams "potential"...his "protypical size and athleticism". The occasional WOW play followed by turnstyle play. If Munchak is the guy that can finally coach Adams up...well color me impressed.
    You need to post the Vid of you doing Spinning Roundhouse Kick when Munchak makes a starting OT out of Adams. Let just hope it happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

great hire
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    You need to post the Vid of you doing Spinning Roundhouse Kick when Munchak makes a starting OT out of Adams. Let just hope it happens.
    I'll tell you what. I'll send a video to you of me doing a spinning roundhouse if that happens. Of course, I'm now 40...not sure what it will look like

I'll tell you, I would be stoked if Adams finally matured and came into his own. Munchak just might be the guy to make that happen.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Has Munchak called Pouncey yet???
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    I see what you did there. Well played, sir.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    Okay I'll admit......I'm not getting your comment. I 'm guessing it has something to mirror with Ben and Haley but after that.... what ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Okay I'll admit......I'm not getting your comment. I 'm guessing it has something to mirror with Ben and Haley but after that.... what ?
    and.....that's it, nothing more nothing less
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...