Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vince Williams: 'It was a brand new experience'

As a rookie, Foote played in 14 games, starting 3 and had 20 total tackles...

Williams played in 15 games, started 11 and had 40 total tackles...

Of course, they played two different positions...Foote didn't start 11 games until his third year...by then, he had three years in the system...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    I would say that he was better than Foote this year (he was actually on the field), and there is a good chance he will be better than Foote next year. Foote is an older LB/player trying to return from significant injury.
    Considering the kid is willing to work to be better at pass pro and is a heckuva run stuffer, there is a chance he will prove to be more than a lesser version of Foote. Anyway, won't hurt to hope and support while he's on the team.
    My point is just like we needed a better player than Foote to team with Farrior, we need a better player than Williams or Foote to team with Timmons. Timmons is our only real impact player on this defense and we need someone who can free him up to do all that he is capable of doing.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    My point is just like we needed a better player than Foote to team with Farrior, we need a better player than Williams or Foote to team with Timmons. Timmons is our only real impact player on this defense and we need someone who can free him up to do all that he is capable of doing.
    I think the Steelers agree with you. But that plan with Spence got derailed. I think with the VW pick and with his play this season that Spence gets this coming season to show something in camp and hopefully real games. VW will get to show he has more game also I think.