Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ed Reynolds, FS, Stanford

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Ike was bad this year but he wasnt THAT bad. He clearly lost a step, plays that he would have made at one point in his career were not made this past season (poor safety help was a big reason he was burnt a lot) and before he had the type of speed and coverage ability to make up for that.

Better safety play and a pass rush and Ike could be in for a bounce back season. Even if they cut him, im not sure he'll get much interest on the open market and he'll be able to be brought back ina t a discount. Hopefully he just takes the paycut so no ones feelings get hurt

@Justplainnasty that mock in your sig is just all kinds of delicious. Benjamin/Roby/Niklas/Bailey/Urban......<3
    He was THAT bad last year...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sure, watch the games and tell me how many times clark was supposed to be over the top when they were playing cover 2 and he wasnt there. Ike was very frustrated at times. Theres no excuse for gordon eating him up like that, but he really had the right to throw his arms up at the rest of the secondary a lot of the time.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL Draft: Steelers could use Brooks' speed to help secondary

By Bryan DeArdo on Feb 26 2014

Florida State's Terrence Brooks has the speed and maturity to flourish on an NFL team.

With all the talk of drafting "tall" receivers, would the Steelers consider drafting the fastest safety in the NFL Combine?

Florida State's Terrence Brooks paced all safeties Tuesday in Indianapolis, running a 4.42 in the 40-yard dash. If that speed transcends onto the football field, Brooks could be an immense help for a Steelers secondary that will most likely be without Ryan Clark.

While he isn't the tallest safety in the draft at 5'11, 200 pounds, Brooks speed plus other intangibles make him an attractive draft choice. He was on the coaches All-ACC First Team in 2013 after playing a key role in the Seminoles national championship season. Brooks is a versatile defender that can also play close to the line of scrimmage. He tallied 56 tackles last season to go with eight tackles for loss, five passes defenses, two interceptions, two forced fumbles, one recovered fumble and a sack.

His leadership and maturity is another facet that Steelers GM will could consider when considering Brooks. He was a four-year member of the Seminoles program who, according to his bio on Florida State's athletic website, "joined with Lamarcus Joyner in key leadership roles on both the defense and the team overall...credited for helping instill a level of maturity that has helped lead FSU into the BCS National Championship Game...had an incredibly high football IQ to go along with his natural ability."

According to ESPN's Scott Brown in his article on Brooks, Colbert and coach Mike Tomlin will surely consider the competition that Brooks competed against on a consistent basis. Brown stated that Brooks occasionally practiced against FSU receiver Kelvin Benjamin, who is also being considered as a first round selection.

Brooks was already in the mix as one of the premier safeties in the draft before Tuesday's 40 time. That time coupled with his other skill sets could lead to him to suiting up with the Steel Curtain.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014/2/26/5448992/nfl-draft-steelers-could-use-brooks-speed-to-help-secondary[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Sure, watch the games and tell me how many times clark was supposed to be over the top when they were playing cover 2 and he wasnt there. Ike was very frustrated at times. Theres no excuse for gordon eating him up like that, but he really had the right to throw his arms up at the rest of the secondary a lot of the time.
    He doesn't need an excuse...Gordon padded his stats in garbage time...he was the most "impact free" 200 yard WR I have ever witnessed in a football game...

Legend

User Info Menu

DeVille finally weighs in on Calvin Pryor... This year, he was the best player on a pretty good Louisville defense... By FAR... This dude is a young Ryan Clark all over again. Anticipates well, does his job and doesn't gamble too much AND will lay the wood to a WR and make him not want to catch the ball. While i don't think FS is the biggest need this team has, I wouldn't be dissapointed if Pryor was the selection because i think he'd be the starter by 2015 and would hold the job for several years to come.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

I could live with Reynolds in the second round.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    DeVille finally weighs in on Calvin Pryor... This year, he was the best player on a pretty good Louisville defense... By FAR... This dude is a young Ryan Clark all over again. Anticipates well, does his job and doesn't gamble too much AND will lay the wood to a WR and make him not want to catch the ball. While i don't think FS is the biggest need this team has, I wouldn't be dissapointed if Pryor was the selection because i think he'd be the starter by 2015 and would hold the job for several years to come.
    I think the pick could be Pryor.I think Colbert attended Louisville game to see Pryor and not Bridgewater or Marcus Smith.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

The problem is Ike threw his hands up and didn't catch or knock the ball down. He was azz last year.