Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Ravens to Interview RB's Coach Kirby Wilson for OC Position

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm sure he got a second interview with a perrenial play off team with one of the best GMs in the NFL because of the "feel good" story. You can believe that if it works for you and I'm sure that since he worked for Tomlin I'm sure he couldn't possibly be good.

    ok, get defensive if you want.
    so what youre saying is you cant answer my question with any factual information to support your claim
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,352
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    ok, get defensive if you want.
    so what youre saying is you cant answer my question with any factual information to support your claim
    No more than you can point to a single bit of empirical evidence why he isn't a great coach who deserves to be an NFL OC
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No more than you can point to a single bit of empirical evidence why he isn't a great coach who deserves to be an NFL OC

    probably so, but i wasnt the one making bold statements acting like i knew something about a certain coach.
    good enough
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  4. #14
    I know he got called back for a second interview with the Ravens...clearly the mark of a terrible coach...

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,437
    He was just hired by the Vikings.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    He was just hired by the Vikings.
    That's the rumor...http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ta-vikings-rbs

    The odd thing is that he is moving to take the same position. Considering that he has a year left on his deal, the Steelers do not have to let him go. Could it be that the opportunity to work with AP is just something that he couldn't pass up, and the team couldn't hold him back from? Wondering how this happened out of nowhere.

  7. #17
    maybe the steelers wanted him to move on because he isn't that great a coach

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    That's the rumor...http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ta-vikings-rbs

    The odd thing is that he is moving to take the same position. Considering that he has a year left on his deal, the Steelers do not have to let him go. Could it be that the opportunity to work with AP is just something that he couldn't pass up, and the team couldn't hold him back from? Wondering how this happened out of nowhere.
    I am just speculating so take my opinion for what it is...but if he WAS in line for the OC position...then the fire...then Haley puts together a nice second half season...his job is secure. Maybe he is just ready to move on. Hard feelings? Possibly...or maybe he just needs a new scene.

  9. #19
    Charlie Batch@CharlieBatch163h
    Congrats Kirby Wilson on your move to the #Vikings. 3 out of 5 #Steelers offensive assistant coaches gone in 2 years. HMMMM
    Wonder what Batch is getting at. Haley bringing in his own guys? Or other coaches not working well with Haley?

    Quite frankly, if the offense keeps producing like it did late last year, I couldn't care less whether or not people get along with him.

  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,352
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Wonder what Batch is getting at. Haley bringing in his own guys? Or other coaches not working well with Haley?

    Quite frankly, if the offense keeps producing like it did late last year, I couldn't care less whether or not people get along with him.
    Ditto, but I think Ben is the key to the offense clicking not the asst coaches. If Ben embraces what Haley wants we will be very good on offense especially if we add a good pass catching TE and another young WR.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •