Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The #1 need

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can't believe no one has brought up the name GREG LLOYD yet. Shame on you all!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    for this entire team, is what I affectionately refer to as an ass-kicker. (I think I called it that, because most of the Steelers tempo-setters happened to be LBs who would take your head off like Lambert, Lloyd, Porter, Harrison). Call it what you want: a tempo-setter, a guy who operates on a different wavelength than everyone else. It especially came to mind, watching Sherman rip Crabtree the last couple days.

Every great defense has one... at least one guy who plays on an emotional edge. He doesn't have to be the defense's best player, but he sets the tempo, the attitude of the defense. Currently, we glaringly lack that player. (Polamalu is/was that type of player, but his time has passed.) It is something that we should keep in mind, as we debate about guys like Nix, Dennard, Mack, Justin Gilbert, etc. We need a guy who has a permanent 2x4 (not a chip) on his shoulder, an oft-times irrational nut, who drives the defense.
    Heyward will definitely be that guy, I have zero doubt in my mind

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Remember what Woods said about Heyward? Remember Heyward telling Jones something along the line of "I see you Jarvis. You woke up and came to play today!". I think Heyward is going to be THAT guy on the DL. Need a LB to step into the role for the LBers and a DB to do the same ... Personally, I think that part of what separates GREAT teams from good or bad teams is the feeling of accountability among teammates. We had that with Lloyd, Porter, Harrison, Smith etc. and need to find guys who are going to not only hold their teammates accountable, but show them the way.
    Can't agree more ++++111111. Tomlin treats the players like men therefore he needs internal leadership to police and drive the team on the field.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Heyward was mic'd up one time he was screaming "put him on the ground! treat him badly!!!!" it was great

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    He may have taken it too far checkin' that dude's oil at the bottom of the pile, but he showed some intensity out there.
    Dude, that was some funny stuff right there!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isonator07 View Post
    Shayne Skov is the guy. We have a huge hole at ILB and Skov can fill that hole. I'd love to grab Louis Nix round 1 and Skov round 2. I think this would strengthen the interior of the defense. I like coming back with Jared Abbrederis in round 3.
    I like Skov too. He seems a little nuts, even beyond he mohawk and face paint. I little whacko would be welcome on this team. As for Sherman's tactics, I dont care for his mouth or his tv "personality", but you cant argue with his play on the field. He's one of those guys that you love if he is on your team and hate if he isn't. The Steelers have had their fair share of those types!