Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A guy to bring back?

Backup

User Info Menu

Really? Santonio Holmes, with his one whole 1,000-yard receiving season, and whose only noteworthy accomplishment in the five years since Super Bowl XLIII is creating chaos in the Jets locker room? I know three Jets fans, and they don't want him back either.

On a related note, the career implosions of Santonio Holmes and Mike Wallace prove who really stirs the drink in Pittsburgh.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Backup

User Info Menu

I hear ya, but you guys soon forget how he carried us in the playoffs. The dude is a wasted talent and I think his immaturity is over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    I hear ya, but you guys soon forget how he carried us in the playoffs. The dude is a wasted talent and I think his immaturity is over.

Umm... have you even read any news on Holmes since he left the Steelers? He has completely disappeared from the Jets offense, and is generally disinterested in dedicating himself to football. The Steelers don't need another underperforming prima dona. The lockerroom is only now cleaned of the malcontents and me-firsts that spoiled the team the last few years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    I'm more inclined to believe his career is over.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No way, I'd rather take a flyer on a late round pick, or even an UDFA for that matter.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

It amazing how some trades can seem so lop-sided in one direction at the time, but in retrospect, it's lopsided in the other direction.

Giving up Super Bowl MVP Holmes for a 5th round pick, then trading that pick to Arizona for Bryant McFadden and a 6th round pick that we used to take...Antonio Brown. We panicked at the time, but made out like bandits on that deal (much like the Colts thought they were fleecing the Browns with the Richardson trade earlier this year, but it looks like the Browns may have fleeced Indy in that one instead).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Really? Santonio Holmes, with his one whole 1,000-yard receiving season, and whose only noteworthy accomplishment in the five years since Super Bowl XLIII is creating chaos in the Jets locker room? I know three Jets fans, and they don't want him back either.

On a related note, the career implosions of Santonio Holmes and Mike Wallace prove who really stirs the drink in Pittsburgh.
    I'm sorry but it's the Jets and Miami...

I can't fault these guys for putting up weak stats on these teams...

While I don't want Holmes back he would be a beast if Ben was throwing the ball to him.. same with Wallace.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

While I don't want Holmes back he would be a beast if Ben was throwing the ball to him.. same with Wallace.
    Well you just made the case for why you don't spend on guys like Holmes and Wallace. It isn't about them and they aren't the difference makers. It was about the QB throwing them the ball.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

In this case, nothing to do with stats. Don't need the lack of dedication to the game the guy has shown lately. (its possible his friend Ben could turn that around, but at what cost?). Rather risk a draft pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben made Stoneyo and Wallace some money. Time to make some other lucky WR a bunch of green.